General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

electrical/coil

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 07:26 AM
john is an unknown quantity at this point
Default electrical/coil

ok hear we go again my 93 s-10 blazer would not start the other day would crank found out it had no spark so i rapped the coil with a wrench and it took off don't know why it is still running i did this 3 days ago if the coil was bad shouldn't it of quit and stopp running by now?????I put an a/c delco replacement on it last year from advance auto.
olthing has 150,000+ on it and is still runningalso cannot seem to get the drivers side rear door open what can i do about that??[X(]thanks for any help you can give John..

Old 10-15-2006, 06:02 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: electrical/coil

Buy a new coil, just in case. When the current pukes and dies, just replace it.

As for the door, this is not going to be easy, you will have to remover the inner panel to access the locking mechanism, prolbem is the door needs to be open to take the inner panel off. Worst cse you destroy the inner panel and replace it with a new one. however, if you only use as much force as needed, you might get lucky and get it off without breaking it.

Once you get the door open, more then likely the grease on the door lock is stuck. you will need to clean it up and regrease it. You might be able to use PB Blaster in the key hole, like most of a can and it will run all over the place. If that works you need to clean the PB Blaster up, and use powered graphite to lubricate the lock. Another lubricant in key lock will cuae it to atract dirt, which will eventually gunk up the lock.

Old 10-16-2006, 12:48 PM
john is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: electrical/coil

Ok i replaced the coil saturday afternoon the old one was still ok but replaced it anyway..the door lock is functional I think its the splines or something in the mechignism that the door hooks on to around the door jam old chevy still has a few more miles on it trying to get all i can from it
anouther problem is the ses light is on and i get a code 23 and it has 2 answers in the book wich is not in front of me if you can tell me were the part is lockated i might be able to replace it i have the cpI injector...thanks for your help...john[&:]