General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

engine issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 02:56 AM
regisvu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default engine issue

i got a blazer last week, and have been noticing quite a few probs. its a 95 ls 4x4. i dont know a whole lot about domestic vehicles, and im not used to trucks.im used to my integra gs-r. so on to the problems.... this truck feels absolutely gutless, i thought thats just how it was. untill yesterday when i tried to pass someone on the freeway. i floored it, and when i got to about 4000 rpm, the truck just stopped accelerating. the rpms stayed up, but the truck wasnt going anywhere. i also noticed a rapid tick coming from what i think is the valve train when ever i accelerate. i changed the fuel filter,plugs,cap and rotor,wires,oil and air. im leading towards a dead cyl, or low compression in one cyl. i was thinking about a compression test, but i hoenstly dont want to go through that after changing those plugs the other day. what do you guys think it might be? where should i go from here?

Old 09-22-2006, 04:25 AM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: engine issue

Have the Cat checked for excessive back pressure (clogged). Since it is a 95 you might try to have the computer checked for DTC (trouble codes). Sometimes Autozone can read a 95 but your best bet is to find a shop that has the proper scan tool. In 1995 GM used a combination of OBDI computer with an OBDII connection, most OBDII scanners can not read this format and dealers charge more than they need to for doing it...

You could also have a problem inside the intake manifold, with either the fuel pressure regulator or the fuel injection spyder. Does the truck idle rough or misfire while driving, or smell like somebody dumped a load of gas in the engine compartment??? One way to find out is to remove the vacuum line from the brake booster and if it smells like gasoline then one of those items might need to be fixed. Also there are also some issues with the fuel lines going into the spyder (nut kit) they have a tendency to fail to...

Old 09-22-2006, 10:32 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

what kind of plugs did you use?

Old 09-23-2006, 04:23 PM
regisvu is an unknown quantity at this point

i used bosch plat 2, it was doing it before i did the tune up though. the brake booster hose doesnt smell like fuel either. what else do you guys have?