General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Fuel Pressure Shrader Connector 4.3

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 05:50 PM
dashyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fuel Pressure Shrader Connector 4.3

Can anyone tell be where the shrader fitting is on a 4.3L CPI engine - I need to check my fuel pressure. I hope you don't tell me its under the intake manifold on the fuel rail!

Thanks in advance for your help I also need to know the PSI for a 95 Blazer 4.3, CPI

Old 07-24-2006, 06:40 PM
Dan
Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Fuel Pressure Shrader Connector 4.3

Im not sure what Year you have but the valve on my 93 is right coming off the back of the intake on the drivers side.

Old 07-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Dan

Thats right its a 95

Old 07-24-2006, 06:43 PM

Its a 95 4.3L CPI

Old 07-24-2006, 06:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

This is why there really shouldn't ask the same question in multiple threads... I answered your question over HERE.

Good luck with your repairs.

Old 07-24-2006, 06:52 PM

thanks - I'll give it a shot to night

Old 07-25-2006, 09:52 AM

Boy, they sure have that port hidden and in a hard to access position, but I did manage to get the pressure guage connected - the reading was between 10 and 15 PSI (engine not started)

When I look in the Haynes book, it designates my engine as CPI (W in the VIN), but when I go to the specs for the fuel pressure it only gives numbers for TBA, MFI,CMFI, and CSEFI. All the specs are in the 40 - 60 range with the exception of the TBI which is 9-10. Can anyone tell me what the correct pressure is - its looking more and more like the fuel pump but knowing the correct specification will confirm it

Thanks in advance for all the help

Old 07-25-2006, 12:57 PM
Dan

Your fuel pressure should be sitting at about 58 to 60 psi. Im not sure how much lower you can go that that and still have it run but maybe someone like swartlkk can help with that.

Old 07-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ha props all over the place. Yeah, a bare minimum for CPI and SCFI is 52psi IIRC. I believe that is what is required to actuate the poppet valves. And at that, you won't get a good spray pattern.

Old 07-25-2006, 01:21 PM

From your comments I am headed to the fuel pump - I replaced the OE in September of '05 with a rebuilt Carter, when I called for a replacement my outlet told me they no longer carried Carter because they were unreliable and had lots of failures. They are replacing the Carter with a Bosch.

Now to drain the tank - of course, my wife just filled the tank prior to the problem

Quick Reply: Fuel Pressure Shrader Connector 4.3