General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

H.I.D. Install, Gone Wrong!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 11:16 PM
EkStreem G is an unknown quantity at this point
Default H.I.D. Install, Gone Wrong!!

Well, a friend gave me a set Nissan Maxima H.I.D's yesterday. I installed them today and the pass. side wasn't working. I plugged in the malfunctioning bulb to the other side, and it worked (so the bulbs and amps. are fine). So, after messing with them for like 2 more hours, I gave up. When I plugged in the stock bulbs the pass. side was very dull (Now What?, I said.) I got a cable and grounded the bulb frame, but same thing (Very dull). The driver's side works fine. I noticed that the D.R.L./High Beams turn on also, but they are very dull. So after messing with some more I ran a Positve wire from the driver's side lowbeam to the pass. side low beam and taa-daa it's perfect. So I connected the H.I.D.'s back and nothing it still didn't work. I took all the stock electrical tape off on the pass. side and inspected the wires, but they seem fine. WHAT HAVE I DONE!!?? I know the right thing to is to remove the front fascia and inspect the wires that go from the multi-switch to the the pass. side lamps, but I wanna check with my boys AND GIRLS before I do. Basically, I had to leave that wire that I connected that goes from the drivers side low beam to the pass. side low beam. The fuse isn't overheating and all my lights work perfectly, but if I remove that wire all hell breaks loose. I have a 2003 Xtreme.

Any suggestions on what can cause this?

Thanks,
G

Old 09-24-2006, 12:19 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: H.I.D. Install, Gone Wrong!!

I guess you could get a multi-meter and check for proper voltage to the power terminals of the connectors and check for continuity to ground on the ground terminals, Compare your readings on the left and right.
That's a starting point anyway.