General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

HELP! How to disable a factory alarm? 1996 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 12:32 PM
mleasure is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP! How to disable a factory alarm? 1996 blazer

Hello Blazer enthusiasts,

I need some help or I am going to scream! My roommate for the last three weeks has had my taxi him around. If I don't do it his girlfriend will. It is getting real old now.

The reason for us hauling him around is his 1996 Chevy Blazer is currently stranded at his workplace BW3's. He can't get in without his alarm going off. He has no mechanical ability. So, he has opted to mooch off of his roommate and girlfriend rather pay to get it fixed. With me getting fed up with him I suggested that we try to disable it ourselves. I have some mechanical ability and was hoping someone from this forum could explain how to disable the alarm. The first thing I did was unhook the battery last night. From there I need more help.
Is there a fuse that I can remove that would disable this feature? If so where is it located? Or do I need to cut a wire somewhere? Is this a lost cause? Does he have to get it towed to a dealership? Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

Old 06-07-2006, 12:43 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: HELP! How to disable a factory alarm? 1996 blazer

I'm contacting a friend of mine who works for a Chevy dealer to see what he can do to help... give me a little while.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

First we need to know if it is a factory alarm. From there, well, things need to proceed through PM (private message), because putting up alarm bypass instructions on the net just isn't right.

If it isn't a factory alarm, your best bet is to get it towed to a repair facility and have them trouble shoot it. With the variety of aftermarket alarms and their levels of integration, you could really mess things up...

*EDIT* - I did just think of something. If it is a factory alarm, how is he unlocking the doors? Is he unlocking with the remote? If he is, try to lock, unlock, lock, and unlock the doors with the key, then try to get in.

My old '94 Intrepid had a problem with the alarm system late in it's life where I couldn't use my remote to unlock the doors. This was caused by the door unlock sensor in the driver's door, but I do not know if the Blazer alarms have such a feature.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:56 PM

It is a factory alarm. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

See my edit above...

Old 06-07-2006, 01:05 PM

He is trying to use his key. I think he lost his keyless entry a while back.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:07 PM
Administrator

What happens when he tries to start the truck? Will it start? Will the alarm keep going off?

With factory alarm problems, the dealership would be the best place to go, but $$$...

Old 06-07-2006, 01:43 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

i need to know if the security light stays on solid when the truck's alarm is connected....

Old 06-07-2006, 03:20 PM

I will have to look. I am going to BW3's to look at it and find out. I won't be able to do this after work. I will keep you posted.

Thanks, Matt

Old 06-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Retired Super Moderator

Not a problem Matt. Might take more then a day obviously but I am hoping to help you as much as I can here.

Quick Reply: HELP! How to disable a factory alarm? 1996 blazer