General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

How to eliminate road noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 04:34 PM
Benado is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to eliminate road noise

I am new to this site, and I really enjoy it. I have done tons of searches trying to find some information that I need and just enjoying the reading. There seems to be a lot of things to read. I have read up on cleaning the MAF sensor, all the things involved in a tune up, some troubleshooting for my stock stereo system (only one speaker works), and a bunch of other stuff. One thing I couldn't find any info on was how to make my 1997 Bravada seem quieter. By that I mean I'd like to eliminate road noise and some minor wind noise that comes in through the doors and floor. Does anyone have any tips or tricks? The only thing I could find is to treat the weather stripping so it stays soft and suple.

The only Benado wondering what I can do to make a ride in my Bravada as quiet as a library.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: How to eliminate road noise

You can add insulation to the body panels and floor to decrease the amount of noise allowed to transmit through. Dynamat (and others) make sound deadening materials for just this purpose. Only problem is you have to strip the interior to do it.

Old 08-29-2006, 10:39 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

don't drive it fast.

Old 08-29-2006, 10:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Benado, what kind of tires do you have on it?

Old 08-30-2006, 12:05 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Another option is to rhino line the fender wells.