General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 06:53 PM
bmanp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new member

Hey I'm a new member and have posted before but i got no reply... maybe someone can help me out. I have a 96 LT Blazer 4.3L there are 3 relays behind the glove box i believe one of them is for the daytime running lights but I'm not sure which one and i dont want to just pull them out to check. Please someone help me with this..

Old 07-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Default RE: new member

By the way i dont have a dome over ride button

Old 07-17-2006, 08:23 PM
Whittaker is an unknown quantity at this point

I know for sure one of them is the fuel pump relay, and I think another one is for the wipers. Never could figure out what the third one was for, but you might be right, it could be for the DRLs.

Old 07-17-2006, 09:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry that your original post was overlooked, but please do not post a completely new thread on the same topic. A new post in the old thread would have sufficed.

Anyway, your relays behind the glove box include the fuel pump relay, horn relay, and fog light relay (if so equiped). I'm guessing that you have fog lights on your blazer as that is the only way that I know for you to have 3 relays in this location.

*EDIT* - those relays go from driver's side to passenger side. So the relay closest to the drivers should be the fuel pump relay. The center relay should be the horn relay, and the one closest to the passenger side should be the fog light relay.

Old 07-18-2006, 12:33 AM
Whittaker is an unknown quantity at this point

I have all 3 relays, but no fog lights. No place where they would have been removed from either. No leftover wiring as well, as I was checking the area out because I was thinking of adding driving lights.

Not sure what that means then.

Old 07-21-2006, 04:21 PM

thanks for the info the third one that you guys said was for fog lights which i don't have turned the drl's off when i removed it hopefully that was all it went to find out when i leave in a lil bit....... thanks for the help and sorry for reposting the same topic....