General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Not familar and need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 12:16 AM
Starting Member
2klt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not familar and need help

When I drive the Blazer sometimes it feels like there is a bit of hesitation and then it just picks up and goes. I don't mean a big *** surge but enough for me to really feel it. Also, the other day the comp[ressor clutch kept cycling and I didn't have the controls on an A/C but it was over to the floor deforster setting not sure now where the temp was set but the fan was not on,... well it was on 1. Is this normal also even though it was not in any A/C area to want to engage the compressor? What are some of the sensors that might be whacked and are they adjustable EPROM or are they PROMs?
I just feel like this truck could be running better with a skilled touch to all this computer drek. I am still not sure of what all has these sensors and where they even are. I plan on buying a programmer such as the Hypertech as asked about in an earlier post but am fairly certain that will not do anything for me as far as the sensors etc. goes. Can anything else besides the timing be adjusted? I see that Jet has a module that seems to be pretty slick but high dollar. Is that worth the $$?

I know that I rambled here and hope you don't mind but if you will maybe respond to some of this for me, I would appreciate it.
tia

Old 03-11-2006, 03:30 AM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Not familar and need help

I see that Jet has a module that seems to be pretty slick but high dollar. Is that worth the $$?
I've read in other forums that some guys ditched their JET plug in chip. After a few thousand miles it was more trouble than it is worth. See about getting the PCM flashed. It would be the Blazer forum first!

Old 03-11-2006, 12:49 PM
Jman is an unknown quantity at this point

Your AC keeps cycling like that because it needs a re-charge. I just unplugged mine till I get it re-charged. If you don,t plan on re-charging it soon, then you should unplug it. I don't think its good for it to do that. Just my .02.

Try a good tune-up and clean your MAF or MAP sensor if you got one. What year Blazer we dealing with here?

Old 03-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Starting Member

The Blzer is a 2000, 4.3W, K&N, and so far that's it... Have plugs,rotor/cap, flowmaster series 50 SUV to install, want a Hypertech for it and was wondering about the Jet module.
Learning curve here forme and this newer vehicle with the computer sensores etc... always preferred the earlier trucks.
Thanks..

Old 03-12-2006, 12:57 AM

SES lamp ever light up?

Old 03-12-2006, 01:18 AM
Starting Member

4low>>

No, nothing like that. For sure would have thought there was something wrong or out of sorts then. As a matter of fact, when I did the seafoam thing, it never even smoked at all. Don't know, maybe there is a wrong way to do the seafoam and I found it...[sm=headbang.gif]

Old 03-12-2006, 01:27 AM

I ran Seafoam through my motor. It didn't smoke either. Did it stall when you poured it in?
Mine did when I dumped half the can onto the engine head.

Could be a bad O2 sensor causing the hestitation/surging.

I have that problem too. I just cleaned my K&N. Then used electric parts cleaner on the mass air flow sensor.
Started it up. I got 4 codes thrown. I cleaned the cleaned the MAF sensor again. Checked bank 2, O2 sensor and it was so sooty! Gonna check the other two tomorrow.

Old 03-12-2006, 01:43 AM
93LT is an unknown quantity at this point

An off idle stumble is sometimes caused by a malfunctioning EGR valve. To test it, unplug the wire harness from the EGR valve and drive it. if you hesitation goes away, you either need to remove and clean the egr vavle or replace it.

Old 03-12-2006, 04:54 PM
DaveLance is an unknown quantity at this point

The A/C compressor will come on when the climate control settings are in any of the A/C settings (obviously) or any of the defroster settings. If the compressor cycles every few seconds, then the system is low.

Old 03-12-2006, 09:21 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

I have been having similar problems..other that the fast idle cycle....which has mysteriously dissapered....but some times when it's in cruise..driving..I feel like it's missing..a little.....but then again..my SES light comes on once in a while....I am pretty sure mine is a bad O2 sensor....but then I have 108,000 on my 2000 blazer........

Quick Reply: Not familar and need help