General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Oil Cooler??

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 11:16 AM
livlifes2short is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oil Cooler??

Hey guys i am new first time poster. I have been doing alot of searching and not found a solid answer to my question. I recently got a 93 s10 tahoe lt blazer 4*4 with the 4.3l vortec motor. I have a pretty decent oil leack going and i have narrowed it down the the oil filter relocation/cooling housing that goes in place of where on a regular vehicle the oil filter would go. Now i purchased a gasket kit for it and when looking at it again am a little worried about removing it. also there are six o ringd in the package but only two out going lines for the housing and not sure which size to use. my biggest concern is my trnasfer case seems to be in the way could some one please give me some guidance on this thanks in advance!!

Old 11-15-2006, 05:08 PM
livlifes2short is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Oil Cooler??

Well, I went ahead and took it apart and with further investigation after removing my skid plate i was able to get to the bolt the held on the bolt for the hoses with 2 extensions 3 extensions and a breaker bar she came loose!!! cleaned and replace all gaskets and orings NO MORE LEAKS!!!! and while duing this found out i had a coolant leak " my water pump " and got that fixed too!! lovin it. Lovin the site hope to find a lot of info and maybe help some others while here!

Old 11-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you got it fixed. I was meaning to reply, but got barraged by tons of crap at work so I didn't get a chance this morning when you posted originally. But yeah, it just takes the right tools (extensions) to get those lines off. And congrats on the early detection of a coolant leak!

Old 11-15-2006, 09:12 PM
rooster is an unknown quantity at this point

yea i hated changing them as well, had to do it twice. first set of lines wore out at the fitting. it was such a bitch getting past the transfer case and motor mount that my neighbors may have learned some new words. i actually jacked up the motor an inch or so to get past everything and had to create about a foot and half of extensions. glad you figured it out

Old 11-15-2006, 09:56 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If I ever have this problem, I'm fixing it just like we fixed my grandfather's 4wd S10 pickup. We cut the flexible sections (crimp and all) off of the lines. Then we brazed hydraulic fittings on and finished it all off with hydraulic hose, making the hoses completely removable if necessary. Not that anything the engine can put out would hurt 3000+psi hydraulic hose...

If/when this happens to my Bravada, I'll do a writeup on it.

Old 11-15-2006, 10:54 PM

oh c'mon Kyle, you can handle this. just needs alittle "motivation"

Old 11-16-2006, 12:07 AM
Administrator

What's there to handle? Replacing the stock part for another stock part that will fail just like the original? No thanks...

Old 11-16-2006, 12:21 AM

but then we wouldn't have the fun of always working on our trucks.

Old 11-16-2006, 02:49 AM
MNHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

Going to be moving mine from the lower mount its set at to a wheel well or better spot then where its at.

Good thing is the local parts store makes the Hydro lines there. So can get custom made ones.

I really dont like mine being mounted under the radiator support behind the darn bumper jack. And my lines are going anyway. So will kill two birds with one stone [8D]

Old 11-16-2006, 04:04 AM

oh i see what ur saying, im a little slow sometimes

Quick Reply: Oil Cooler??