General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Power door locked!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 01:09 AM
Starting Member
Mbastet99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Power door locked!

OK, now I have a new problem....The Blazer has manual power locks and for some reason the rear passenger's door won't unlock now, whether you try the main lock (on the driver's door) or the one on the rear passenger's door. Can't hear it trying to unlock, and don't have a clue how to get inside it, or how to fix it once I get inside there. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Old 04-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Power door locked!

Mine won't release either. It was fine for about a year, and now it all of the sudden won't open. I haven't bothered to look into it,but if you find a solution, I would be interested in a quick & cheap fix if you find one for yours!

Old 04-23-2006, 11:54 PM
Starting Member

I'm still working on it, but I'll let you know if I find anything out...One door that won't unlock doesn't bother me too much, but if they all decide to mutiny like that I'm in trouble !!

Old 04-24-2006, 09:02 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

Ya, that's how I feel about it as well. I'm going to do some research with my mechanic friends and see if it's something easy to do. I wasn't too worried before your post, but now I figure I might as well look into it.

Old 04-24-2006, 04:20 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

Stupid door locks have a habit of freezing up... as in "I'm DONE!" www.junkyarddog.com and look for a new actuator. lol...

Old 04-24-2006, 04:24 PM
mtncrsr is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm a retired locksmith. first i need to know is the button moving or not ?

Old 04-24-2006, 11:49 PM
Starting Member

That would be a NO, the button doesn't move (although you can feel something behind it that is trying to move it, if that makes sense). I was going to try and pry the panel off that is around all of the buttons on the bad door, but two of the clips holding it on the door are already broke and I couldn't figure out how to get it off without breaking the rest of them. My interior is in pretty good shape, and didn't want to have to duct tape that thing back on! The button acts like it is froze in the lock position, and I pushed on it as hard as I dared but it would not budge.

Old 04-25-2006, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Ah, see...mine has a different problem. The button moves, but it seems to be broken off of something. My power locks won't open it at all, and neither will the button. I think we have different issues. I'm going to call my friend tonight and ask he also about your issue.

Old 04-25-2006, 04:46 PM
mtncrsr is an unknown quantity at this point

you have 2 choices 1 pull the back seat to give easier access to the door panel or go to a good locksmith and have him open it.
any questions call me
my # 660-465-7118

Old 04-25-2006, 11:37 PM
Starting Member

You mean as in take the seat ENTIRELY out, not just fold it down? I assume you're talking about taking the entire door panel off then? I know someone who has a bar to open doors (he works for a towing service), if that will work...then I could get the panel off from there (I have done that when I had to replace a door on my former Blazer). What would I look for from there? Any parts I should buy BEFORE I have the door hanging open and afraid to shut it again? lol

Quick Reply: Power door locked!