General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Sleepy Transmission?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 04:55 PM
JustBlaze! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Sleepy Transmission?

Thanks for the tip swartlkk. I'll probably do that before I change the fluid. Did you notice a difference 3-5k miles later, after you changed the fluid the first time or was is after another 3 - 5k miles later when you changed the fluid for the second time? Btw. I'm located in Rochester, NY.

Old 08-02-2006, 05:38 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed a huge difference in the color of the fluid between when I dumped the transfix in and when I drained the fluid out the first time (about 3k on my Bonnie a little bit ago). I then changed it out again after another 3k and although darker than what I put it in (from the mixing with the older fluid in there), it still looked, smelled, and felt good. The first drain didn't feel or smell bad, it was just alittle dark in color for my liking, but that was the transfix cleaning things up inside.

I try to keep my vehicles on no more than a 50k trans drain/fill with the first one replacing the filter while I have the pan off. I've put drains on the pans for future drains and will just be leaving the filter in there for good now.

Which side of Rochester are you on? I just bought a house in Waterloo, NY just east of Geneva.

Old 08-02-2006, 06:16 PM
JustBlaze! is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Kyle. I'm located in Greece, about 5 mins away from the defunct Fast Ferry Terminal in Charlotte beach. Congrats on the house. I think you're around 45 mins away from me.