General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Started putting in body lift yesterday

Old 07-19-2006, 02:55 PM
88s10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Started putting in body lift yesterday

Its a bigger project than expected. There is alot of rust all over the place. And some of the bolts are busting off at the top requiring to remove the WHOLE interior(for fire reasons because of welding and cutting) to cut holes in the floor to get the other body mounts. Hmmm..... we worked on it for about 4 hours yesterday and we only got 6 body mounts out so far. Hopfully it will be done today. Then I need to get my tires mounted. I'm excited, i've been waiting for a long *** time for this. wish me luck today. I'll get pics when its done. Probably going to be done late tonite so the tires prolly won't come til tomorrow.

Old 07-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Started putting in body lift yesterday

Sounds great, but...

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 07-19-2006, 07:39 PM

There will be pics soon... I'm taking off to go finish the job.

Old 07-20-2006, 12:57 PM
SniperX13 is an unknown quantity at this point

(to the tune of "are we there yet?")

Is it done yet?

Is it done yet?

Is it done yet?

Old 07-20-2006, 03:54 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I would have known you ran into this problem. Your not the only one who has had the nut weld break free from the body during a body lift.

Although my solution was much easier. Roll the carpet out of the way and drill a 2 1/2" hole via a hole saw through the floor. Stick a pry bar in the hole and leverage the nut in place. Remove the bolt, do the lift, screw bolt back in (loctite the threads) and jam the pry bar back in place to hold the nut and tighten it all back up. No sense removeing the interior to get at the nuts. That's just a lot of work. Been over a year and all the bolts are still nice and tight.

This is in the back of the bed by the rear bumper. There is two layers of steel you ahve to drill through in this area. One is at an angle. If you look close you can see the nut at the bottom of the hole. Piece of cake, and only takes a couple of minutes to drill out.

Old 07-20-2006, 04:02 PM

See what we did was cut squares out of the bottom and we were gonna weld em back in once finished, so we removed the interior so nothing would start on fire. It wasn't done quite yet yesterday because the front ones were a little tricky to get to. One of my buddies think it will rub on the front fender a little bit but I don't think so. We'll see.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:40 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I just covered my holes up with the carpet. I could buy some 2 1/2" rubber grommets, or electrical plugs. But I am not worried about it.

What size tire you going to?

Old 07-21-2006, 07:01 AM

31 inch pro comp mud terrains. I finally got it done and got the tires on there. Looks pretty nice, except for the rust. They rub a little bit in the front when turning a corner but nothing to really worry about. I'll have pics up tomorrow somtime.

Old 07-21-2006, 09:17 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet. Can't wait to see it. Did you take before and afters?

Old 07-21-2006, 09:37 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good. *waiting patiently* LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Started putting in body lift yesterday