General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Tell me the difference between the Blazer and the S-10 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 08:59 PM
Pugsley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tell me the difference between the Blazer and the S-10 Blazer

I've noticed while poking around in JC Whitney and my local parts store catalogs the only thing they show is the S-10 Blazer. My understanding was the S-10 Blazer was '94 and older (the old, boxy body style), but maybe I am mistaken. I just bought an '03 2-door a little over a month ago and I'm still learning.

Thanks for any insight you can offer!

Old 01-31-2006, 09:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Tell me the difference between the Blazer and the S-10 Blazer

I believe that the last year for the fullsize Blazer was '94 and the fullsize GMC Jimmy's were dropped sometime before the Blazer. Since there was no longer a fullsize version, GM could drop the S-10 & S-15 variants off both the Chevy Blazer and GMC Jimmy. These trucks are still based off the S-10 platform.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:27 PM
Pugsley is an unknown quantity at this point

Weird, the guy at the auto parts store is worried about selling me something marked under the S-10 Blazer because he's not positive that it's the same part....

Old 01-31-2006, 10:15 PM
lovetheblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

96+ are no longer s-10's or dimes like they call them...your's is just a Blazer...maybe the catalog still names them s-10 as I've seen in some online catalogs...just be worried that you tell them it's an '03...happened to me before...

Old 01-31-2006, 10:26 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

mine's and s-10 blazer...it's a 2000...well at least everything on it states s-10...swartlkk is the authority on all things cars...

Old 01-31-2006, 10:34 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Does it have badging that says S-10 Blazer? The pre-96 blazers actually had badges that said S-10 Blazer on the grill and I think on the rear gate.

Old 01-31-2006, 10:46 PM
BF Veteran

so I actualy went outside....burrr!!!! 2 feet of snow!! and looked...and sure enough..nothing on it says s-10....well then how come it's the same body as the chevy s-10? and why when I ask for parts..I have to specify s-10?

Old 01-31-2006, 10:56 PM
Administrator

The relationship between the s-10 blazer and the s-10 pickup didn't change at all. Just the removal of s-10/s-15 from the Blazer/Jimmy name. You need to specify s-10 because the software at the parts stores never really picked up on the change.

Old 01-31-2006, 10:58 PM
BF Veteran

mystery solved!!! swartlkk you are my hero!!!! [sm=hail.gif](can I puke now?)

Old 01-31-2006, 11:01 PM
Hopper is an unknown quantity at this point

Same frames,engine,etc.Different body styles.

Quick Reply: Tell me the difference between the Blazer and the S-10 Blazer