General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

tow/haul?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 03:23 PM
nezz19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tow/haul?

I just purchased a 03 blazer and was wondering if you can just add the tow/haul feature to one that dosent have a tow package factory..

Old 07-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: tow/haul?

The tow package consists of a hitch and the preinstalled harness for the trailer wiring (electronic brake wiring and all - but no electronic brake module).

So yeah, you'll need the hitch and the wiring.

Old 07-09-2006, 03:15 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

I just copied this info from the owners manual.
The tow/haul mode is a feature that assists when pulling a heavy trailer. The purpose of the tow/haul mode is:

• Reduce the frequency of shifts when pulling a heavy trailer,

• provide the same shift feel when pulling a heavy trailer as when the vehicle is unloaded, and

• reduce the need to change throttle position when pulling a heavy trailer.

This feature is turned on or off by pressing a button on the floor console or the shift ****. When the feature is on, a light located on the instrument panel cluster will illuminate to indicate that the tow/haul mode has been selected.

See Tow/Haul Mode Light . The tow/haul mode is automatically turned off each time the vehicle is started.

The tow/haul mode is most effective when the vehicle and trailer combined weight is at least 75% of the Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR).

The tow/haul mode for hauling a heavy trailer is most useful under the following conditions:

• When driving through hilly terrain at speeds below 55 mph (88 km/h),

• when driving in low speed or stop and go traffic below 55 mph (88 km/h), and

• when driving in parking lots.

Operating in the tow/haul mode when not pulling a heavy trailer will not cause damage to the vehicle, but you may experience reduced fuel economy and undesirable performance from the engine and transmission. The tow/haul mode should be used only when pulling a heavy trailer

It sounds lke the only reason you should use it is if you're towing a very heavy load.

Old 07-10-2006, 02:23 PM
88s10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats right out of your blazers manual? I didn't think blazers had that option. Only the big trucks such as my buddies silverados... hmmm..... well I don't know what to tell you about the blazer.

Old 07-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I am under the same impression. My Bravada has the tow package, but does not have a tow/haul button. Now my dad's Chevy Silveradoe 2500HD, that has the tow/haul button on the gear shift lever that'll do what is listed above, but that feature is not one for the s-series vehicles.

Old 07-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

i have the tow package on my 2000 two door blazer... and i have NEVER seen that button anywhere. heheh

Old 07-10-2006, 04:39 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

I noticed that button in a 1999 GMC Jimmy identical to my 2000 Chevy Blazer and was wondering what it did or if it has the same feature set... If you have the button then as described it is just a way to turn off the overdrive functions on the electronic tranny with out having to manually shift out of overdrive. But since I don't have that button my manual says that when towing heavy loads I need to manually downshift out of overdrive to make driving easier and less strenous on the tranny....

Old 07-10-2006, 05:10 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

ok so where is this button???

Old 07-10-2006, 09:15 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

T/H button feature holds the gear longer. Don't know if it locks out 4th OD.

Old 07-10-2006, 09:52 PM
slammins15 is an unknown quantity at this point

x

Quick Reply: tow/haul?