General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

vibration

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 08:24 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future
Default vibration

ok i didn't notice this vibration until i went 4-wheeling a couple weeks ago....when i get up around 60+ mph i get a very bad vibration in the car....like the whole car shakes. im thinking it may be a bent rim. any ideas?

Old 06-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Jman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: vibration

If you only just noticed it when you went wheeling then it can't be the rim, unless you hit somethin hard while you where playing.
Does it only do it in 4x4? Start by getting the front end and front drive shaft checked out. could just be a u-joint. Also make sure your front tires are tight.

Old 06-05-2006, 09:02 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

i def. just started noticing it after i went wheeling. and my rear end did go air born on a hill lol

Old 06-05-2006, 09:55 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

maybe your wheel balance is off? can be as simple as that... mighta hit a bump and knocked off a weight...

Old 06-06-2006, 02:50 PM
BF Veteran

ill take it to a shop and see if they can figure it out....thanx for the help

Old 06-06-2006, 03:12 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

I do hope its something simple light a wheel balance... would be cheap. hehe

Old 06-06-2006, 03:32 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Do you feel the shake in the steering wheel or in the seat? Steering wheel lends itself to something in the front end typically out at the wheels. The seat will lend itself to something in the driveline or in the rear axle (rear tires/rims, u-joints, etc).

Old 06-06-2006, 03:44 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Use the info posted above along with this info.
Get your tires road force balanced. Like $15 a tire, but it will tell you if you bent a rim or blew a cord in the belt, or a host of other things, and it will provide the optimal balance for your tire rim combination.

I would also make sure there is no mud caked to teh inside of the rim, you have 6" of backspacing, thats alot of space for mud to cake up and could be the cuase as well.

While the truck is getting the tires looked at, have them do a free front end inspection. They should check the steerin linkage.

Post up what you find out.

Old 06-06-2006, 07:53 PM
BF Veteran

ok kool...thanx everyone. once i get this done ill post up my info.

Old 06-13-2006, 01:43 AM
BF Veteran

ok i was washing my truck and i noticed a massive amount of mud caked up in my wheels.....so, i pressure washed the hell out of it and no more vibration. who would of thought it was so easy lol

Quick Reply: vibration