General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what AT filter use

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Starting Member
Marcin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what AT filter use

Hi

I drive 2000 year 4x4, 4 doors Blazer and need to change AT filter. But I can find 2 kinds of filter for this year and model. How could I determine which filter is proper to use for my car?

Regards, Marcin

Old 10-09-2006, 04:37 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: what AT filter use

Your best bet is probably to take the Vin# off the door and see the GM dealer.

Your 2 choices might be for a normal pan or a deep pan?

Old 10-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I believe the 2 choices are for a normal pan and a deep pan. The difference is that the normal pan has a flat bottom while the deep pan has a stepped bottom. Just have a look underneith and you should be able to see the difference.

Old 10-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Starting Member

I will try to check it. But I have only one Blazer to see so how will I know if it would be normal or deep pan? Maybe I will be able to find any part number on filter.

With Chevrolet dealers one small problem in Poland. They are not true Chevy dealers but only "Korean" Chevrolets (former Daewoo) dealers. Last time I tried to call Chevy dealers and asked about one part for Blazer they told me that they did not know any Chevy called Blazer

Regards, Marcin

Old 10-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Just some more information after I ran out and took a look at my Bravada trans pan. The step will be in the rear of the pan and it will step up about 1/2" to 3/4" for the back 2-3" of the pan. It should be easily identifiable between the flat bottomed shallow pan.

Old 10-09-2006, 05:56 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

If you have 2 options, then can you buy them both, then compare the one you need to your old one and then return the other one?

Nice to know they have Blazers in Poland!

Old 10-09-2006, 06:18 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Marcin,

Here is the pan on my 2000 Blazer 4x4 4dr and according to the information here it is a deep pan (which would be 2.75 in or 6.98cm deep).

[IMG]local://upfiles/1127/4E9990D6D25A42149D6BE2A6DF516539.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Starting Member

Thanks for advices. I will try to change oil and filter in some days.

Reagrds, Marcin

Old 10-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Administrator

I do also believe that if you have a 2wd, you will have a shallow pan stock. And the 4wd has the deep pan stock. Atleast for the S-series applications anyhow.

Old 10-09-2006, 08:46 PM
Starting Member

My is 4x4 so I hope it is equipped with deep pan.

Thanks again, Marcin

Quick Reply: what AT filter use