General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Will someone aswer this for me?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 03:51 PM
ivannj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will someone aswer this for me?

Well I have to replace the o2 sensor and do not know which one it is. They told me bank 1 sensor 2. I am thinking it is the second one on the passenger side but I could be wrong. Can I get some help please. Thanks for looking.

Old 02-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Will someone aswer this for me?

What was the code that came up when you had it scanned? B1S2 is the after-cat O2 sensor and they VERY rarely go bad. I would recommend running it until it comes up again (if it does) after having the codes reset.

Please do post up the code(s) so I can point you in the right direction.

Old 02-27-2006, 07:10 PM

Ok first check like week and half ago AZ said it was two o2 bad codes were b0147 and b0137 not to sure about the last code forgot. Today the SES light turned on and AZ said a just one bad sensor. He said it was bank 1 sensor 2 so I guess he meant b1s2.

Old 02-27-2006, 07:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

LOL. This is why I never like having more than one thread about the same issue... I replied to your other thread even though this one was the one that I wanted to reply to.. Geez.

Go HERE for my reply.

Old 02-27-2006, 08:18 PM

I am just going to buy all new sensors again. But this time around I am getting Delco's lol. I found them on ebay for forty bucks a pop. Well see how that works out. I do have the old ones but they are old. I think they are original from 97 which is why I change them when I got my truck. Hopefully when I get the delco's on there I won't have this problem anymore. Well how about those simulators I can't put them on instead?

Old 02-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Administrator

You can only simulate the post-cat O2 sensor (and B1S2 pre-cat O2 sensor as well), but you cannot simulate the upstream sensors (B1S1 & B2S1). Do your homework before you buy whatever simulator you are thinking of installing. I prefer the self-contained plug in style sim, but have not been able to find one for the GM trucks with AFS105s.

Old 02-27-2006, 08:49 PM

Just to get my facts straight. I have changed all my o2 sensors and all of them where after the cat which were 3 sensors. Is there a sensor before the cat? Which one exactly is the post cat sensor cuase I have three lol I must be confused.

Old 02-27-2006, 09:04 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

Just to get my facts straight. I have changed all my o2 sensors and all of them where after the cat which were 3 sensors. Is there a sensor before the cat? Which one exactly is the post cat sensor cuase I have three lol I must be confused.
Two of them are on the Y-pipe, (one for each side of the motor,) the other is the easiest to get at. It's all by its lonesome. (behind the cat.)

Old 02-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Administrator

I know that I have posted this before, but couldn't dig it up anywhere. Here it is again...

This is what your y-pipe/cat should look like with the associated sensor locations and designations:

[IMG]local://upfiles/667/537E5C2FC78549769B6538494AB4DB70.gif[/IMG]

Old 02-28-2006, 04:40 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

thats what my 97 looks like.