Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Which 1 of these 3 would you pick?

Old 12-27-2009, 05:35 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Which 1 of these 3 would you pick?

In the next week I'm hoping to get my exhaust done. I'm shooting for a new catalytic converter and new 2 1/2 inch pipe from the cat on back. Factory single out exit on passenger side set-up. Now I want a nice raspy/rumble tone. I love the flowmaster sound, but they don't sound good under acceleration (to me, no offence cause I know they are very popular.) I'm trying to decide between these three
Dynomax Bullet muffler http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko0LtskkgtM
Thrush Welded muffler http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S25y7qFn6gs
Cherry bomb extreme muffler http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U7qvATAUpw
Links are youtube videos of the mufflers on 4.3 V6 chevy trucks.
Thanks and ANY (good or bad) advice welcome. The fate of my blazer as we know it is in your hands. (Well the sound at least.)

Old 12-27-2009, 06:43 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

The sound of the CherryBomb Extreme is nice. Seems to keep a nice sound up through the high RPMs

Old 12-27-2009, 08:35 PM
Starting Member
1oldK5 is on a distinguished road

^ X2. CherryBomb sounds nice.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:58 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

x3 CB

Old 12-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Starting Member
bigjon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah the cherry bomb sound the best on the 4.3

Old 12-28-2009, 12:56 AM
Starting Member
jacobcnc is on a distinguished road

I like the cherry best

Old 12-28-2009, 08:02 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Hey, still new to this. I know the displacement is the same, but aren't the 4.3s from the 1st gens compltely different engines than the 2nd gens? If so then won't those mufflers sound different on the different engines?

Old 12-28-2009, 08:18 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Old 12-28-2009, 11:36 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

to what TBB said.

but honestly, doesn't everyone know, it's the guy with the loudest exhaust tone that gets nailed first, for anything that catches the cops attention.

besides, my (factory installed) can sounds just fine, and i already drive fast enough as it is! hahahahaha!

Old 12-28-2009, 11:48 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

it's not the loudest exhaust that gets you got, it's the douchiest exhaust. if your crap is obnoxious, or ridiculous, you will garner more attention. if loud was all cops sought out, no one could ride a harley more than a few 100 meters without getting snagged up by some a-hole cop.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which 1 of these 3 would you pick?