Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

4.3 glasspack?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Starting Member
redneck44244 is on a distinguished road
Default 4.3 glasspack?????

HI, i have a 01 chevy blazer 4dr LT 4x4, and i want to put a cherrybomb glasspack on it but i have a few questions. my first is ? is 1. is that will it sound good. 2. what are the inlet and outlet sizes and the over all lenth that i will need to replace my factory muffler. 3. some people have said that u loose some low end torque i dont now if thats true or not, if someone who has install one could shed some light on that, that would be great. and 4. does anybody now of a good place or website where i can get one at a fair price. thanks.

Last edited by redneck44244; 07-12-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:37 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

If you use the 'search' function for 'glasspack', I believe most of your questions will be answered in the resulting threads since this has been an oft asked question.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Beginning Member
ryito1122334455 is on a distinguished road

i think glasspacks sound awsome on a 4.3 and i plan on putting one on next week. advance has the cheapest ones near me,

heres a head start on your price search http://www.google.com/search?q=glass...w=1582&bih=749

Old 07-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A quick youtube search for "blazer+glasspack" will let you know how it sounds. Since everyone's tastes are different, answering that question really isn't of much use. Case in point, I think glasspacks sound like crap. Used to think they sounded good. Had true duals & glasspacks on my Chevelle and that car could wake the dead. Sounded so much better with a set of thrush turbos though. And even better when I went to a magnaflow muffler before decommissioning her.

Sizes are detailed via a link from the Helpful Threads sticky at the top of this section and are literally under your truck. I would want to verify any dimensions myself anyhow. IMO, it's just faster to measure it than to ask the question.

The discussion surrounding exhaust sizing & flow has been covered in great detail as a search for "backpressure+myth" will show you.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:29 PM
chevyscottsdale is on a distinguished road
Default Glasspack

I just put a glasspack on my 91 with the 4.3 and I like the way it sounds. Before I put it on I had my doubts it would sound good but to my surprise it sounds good without being overbearing either. Just my .02 cents

Old 07-14-2011, 05:36 AM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

If you go glass its going to be loud, that could cause problems for testing depending on where you live and local regulations.

I think V6s sound funny with a glasspack but that is just my opinion, I went with a dynamax catback w/ superturbo muffler. Its a drop in replacement!

Old 07-14-2011, 10:39 AM
davedidit is on a distinguished road

Flowmaster sound's great and HP gain

Old 07-27-2011, 12:12 AM
Beginning Member
ryito1122334455 is on a distinguished road

put a glasspack on today with a low flow cat!! and wow sounds like a beefy 350! i love it

Old 07-27-2011, 12:54 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Davedidit, yes flow masters do sound amazing but you won't see much of any HP difference, unless you do the cat and headers as well :P

Old 08-06-2011, 04:44 PM
davedidit is on a distinguished road

over the stock muffler
ok beleive what you want
my MPG increased and that's what I was after

Quick Reply: 4.3 glasspack?????