Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://blazerforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-10/)
-   -   is this actually any good??? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-10/actually-any-good-16413/)

94blueknight 01-18-2008 03:16 PM

is this actually any good???

so i was just browsing around on ebay seein what they had and i came across this heat shield filter thing. is like a heat shield wrapped around the filter idk i think its retarted and prolly doesnt work but just was curious if it would work so here check it out

thegr81 01-18-2008 06:23 PM

RE: is this actually any good???

Any heat sheild around your filter will be better than none!!!

SilverTalon 01-28-2008 08:57 PM

I purchased an intake from those people and it came with a plastic thing around the filter and it was just there to hold a cheap filter on. When you remove the whole factory filter box and intake air tubes you'll be left with a LOT of room. I now have the same tube with an AEM reusable cone filter. The plastic thing seemed to restrict the air a little by allowing it to only come in from one point, and it caused the tip of the filter to clog fast. You'd be amazed how much clean air comes into the area around where the filter sits when you are moving, a "heat shield" really isn't necessary. I think that filter cover is more for looks than for function.

swartlkk 01-28-2008 09:07 PM

Um... A heat sheild IS required. Engine bay temps exceed outside temps in every s-series vehicle. The only way you would be able to tell is by monitoring the IAT sensor. Something which I have done. A heat sheild will not restrict airflow if properly implemented. What a heat sheild will do is limit the amount of air that will make its way into the intake after running through the radiator. Your assessment is driven by a cheap, poorly designed heat sheild.

rriddle3 01-28-2008 09:44 PM

From the seller's blurb:
This WHOLE intake setup will replace from the Throttle body and not from the intake elbow. Please look at the auction picture and it will look nice than other product on the market for sure!!
Sorry, I don't buy from anybody who can't even use basic, correct grammar in their ads. ;)

thegr81 01-29-2008 02:03 AM

Yea I wouldn't buy from them either!! Besides I am one of the most impatient people in the world I don't like to order anything, I like to go to a store and buy it right then and there!!!

lennyblazer 01-29-2008 10:10 AM

Yeah I wouldn't buy it, it looks cheap and crappy, not going to gain anything with it and I don't see a place for you to put your MAF sensor in, which is critical to engine operation/performance/fuel mileage. And you definately want a good designed heat shield.

94blueknight 01-29-2008 10:30 AM

ya i was never gunna buy it but its just stupid things that people come up w/ for other non informed people to buy.

and ya lennyblazer i hate waiting! ground shipping is slow!! but i dont wanna pay that much to have it shipped next day. i just ordered a flowmaster super 44 muffler and its taking forever to get here!! well i think so atleast lol