Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

air injection?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 05:14 PM
timetoblaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default air injection?

this might sound like a stupid question but i have a 99 4x4 blazer... i was wondering if it has air injection or not... lookin to buy headers not really sure if it is and dont know how to tell... any help would be appreciated thanx

Tim

Old 09-16-2005, 11:15 PM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: air injection?

open up the hood and look down to the left. mounted to the framerail should be a big black motor with a couple of hoses on it. thats the pump. it most likely has one.

Old 09-18-2005, 10:56 PM

aight so i looked and to be honest i really dont know where to look should it be towards the front of the engine or right behind it?

Old 09-18-2005, 11:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The air injection pump is located on the passenger side frame rail under the radiator core support. You must remove the front air dam to get to it.

Old 09-19-2005, 12:52 AM

i dont really need to get to it i just need to know if it is there could i see it by laying under there or no?

Old 09-19-2005, 03:07 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The air injection ports are found on the exhaust manifolds themselves. When I was under my Bravada the other day changing out my O2 sensors, I found these ports. They are right before the cross-over pipe connects to the cast exhaust manifolds. If you have air injection, then you should be able to see the tubes from underneith.

You might be able to get a look at the air injection pump by dropping the oil filter door and looking in at an angle towards the passenger side.

Is Air Injection on all of the newer blazers? I am pretty sure that my Bravada is a California emissions vehicle and that may be the reason for the air injection. Does anyone know if this would screw up the engine and/or O2 sensors if the air injection were to be removed?

Old 09-19-2005, 08:25 AM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

all the ones ive seen have it and im in MA. if you do take it off, then it will set off a code. im not sure about your state, but here in ma, if you have any codes, you'll fail state inspection.

Old 09-19-2005, 09:51 AM
Administrator

I understand that and NY has the same thing with inspection. I just didn't know if some were to come without it because if there were some without it, then you should be able to remove it. Thanks for the info zero.

Old 09-19-2005, 01:37 PM

my car is registered in florida so im lucky in the fact that i dont have any emissions testing but i wouldnt want to take the air injection out just because like zero said it would blow codes and it was also prolly make you run lean. not cool lol anyways im gunna check and see today if i can spot the pump also i was lookin at the driver side manifold and saw a hose going into the front of it could this be it?