Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Air Intake and Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 08:04 PM
rbranhamjr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Air Intake and Exhaust

I know there is no deffinate right anwser to these questions but I wanted to get some opinions though. What is a good intake to get. Are the ebay ones any good? What is a good exhaust to get? What size piping for both. Also I have been reading that you should do intake exhaust along with the spark plugs all together to get good results.. What kind of plugs? Also should this include the wires too. Thanks for the help.

Ray

edit: I forgot to mention that I have a 98 blazer 4.3 V6

Old 02-03-2007, 08:38 PM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Air Intake and Exhaust

Ok, well I have heard people having great results from k&n but I have heard people say dont waist your money on the expensive intakes and just buy an ebay one that includes the heat shield. Personally all I am going to do is buy the ebay one with a heat shield. For spark plugs go with AC Delco, lots of other people on this forum will probably say the same thing. The biggest restriction on the 4.3 is the exaust manifolds so you can upgrade your exaust and intake but you wont notice a huge improvment unless you get bigger manifolds.

Old 02-03-2007, 11:48 PM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

I put an ebay air intake on my wifes 01 jimmy and have no problems with it at all. I plan on fabbing up a heat shield for it out of aluminum to make it a "cold air" intake. I don't notice any HP gain, but it does look and sound pretty cool

Old 02-04-2007, 05:44 AM
rbranhamjr is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys for the input. Keep em coming

Old 02-07-2007, 01:13 AM
Kordog is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah any one off EBAY will work. Just make sure to get one that eliminates the rubber tube. That tube is a large restriction due to the ribs. Click on the attachment to see mine I bought off EBAY. Korey

Old 02-07-2007, 09:35 AM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point

Kordog, what are you talking about. Your intake looks like it has a few rubber boots, so what exactly are you talking about?

Old 02-07-2007, 10:24 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but those rubber boots are smooth inside unlike the acordian tube sections on a stock intake.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:55 AM
tnblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Yeah, but those rubber boots are smooth inside unlike the acordian tube sections on a stock intake.
Well this is good news, but one question: I'm looking at these "eBay" intake kits, and I am impressed, but, what provisions for the electronicsensorsare there?

Old 02-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Starting Member
Jimmysls98 is an unknown quantity at this point

where did you get that intake that is what i am lookin for exactly what i am lookin for

Old 02-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That intake has no provision to draw in fresh outside air. I highly doubt that is doing any better on a hot summer day than the stock air box with paper filter.

Quick Reply: Air Intake and Exhaust