Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

The Almighty 44

Old 03-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Starting Member
Oddball43 is on a distinguished road
Default The Almighty 44

Hey guys,

Oddball here, new guy with a '97 LS Blazer. I don't know if this issue has come up before, but if so feel free to do with whatever you do with the "new guys with stupid questions" posts. I would really like to get a Flowmaster Super 44 put on my girl so she sounds like she has a bit more substance. The issue is that my mechanical knowledge is well, limited. Would someone who knows of what they speak and has the time mind giving me some kind of an idea on what I'd be in for as far as having to modify the exhaust system, or by some stroke of luck is it kind of a remove old replace with new kind of situation?

Old 03-06-2013, 09:15 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

It's pretty much remove your old muffler, and replace with what ever you want on there. I'm sure Flowmaster makes a muffler the same size as your old one. An exhaust shop shouldn't charge you much to cut off the old one and weld in the new. (plus the cost of the muffler, of course.) I only paid about $20 to have a place cut out the muffler in my '73 and weld in a piece of straight pipe.

Just make sure it will make the sound you want. I've heard a lot of late Mustangs with a V-6 and loud exhaust that sound like a riding lawn mower. Louder doesn't always mean better! (Man, I sound old!!)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.