Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Anyone have pics???

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 04:55 AM
Blazenfast is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone have pics???

i have been searching around on here for a while and still can't find any pics of a blazer with dual exhaust. i know it can be done but i wanted to see how people have had theirs done and how it looks. please help me out here.

Old 12-08-2006, 08:43 AM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Anyone have pics???

I dont know man, from what I have been told you cannot do with with a stock blazer, you need to lift it like 5 inches at least I think.

Old 12-08-2006, 11:05 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, you are right it can be done, and you don't have to lift it. The reason nobody does duals is because the suspension and gas tank on a blazer make it extremely unsafe to do so. If you lift it five inches or more you can dual it out safely. Duals on a 6 cylinder are not going to sound like a V8. I don't care what muffler you use you can't get that sound. If you want an aggressive sound and a power gain then do a larger diameter piping and a performance muffler i.e. 40 series flowmaster or 2xs from borla. That is safer and will sound much closer to what your looking for.

Old 12-08-2006, 03:06 PM

well that is just the thing, its not stock, its lowered 4" and there is not way i would put anykind of exhaust on a 6 cylender (hint hint). oh and i hate flowmasters, borla is so much better than them. but i don't know, i guess i will just have to stop by an exhaust shop one day when i get a chance.

has anyone moved their charcoal canister to make more room for the divers side.

Old 12-08-2006, 04:44 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

When I wanted duals I went to get prices from 10 different shops and nobody would do it for less then $800. Eight of them said no right off. When I asked why they all explained about the gas tank, suspension, and space issues. They said it was too dangerous and they would not be liable. You could do a bolt on, and run it out before the back wheels, Lightning style. I'm pretty sure that is illegal though. I'm sure it would look awesome on a blazer, but it's hard to find someone who will actually do the work and guarantee it too.

Old 12-08-2006, 05:09 PM

i would do lightning style in a heartbeat, but then again, i am lowered 4" and the frame is in the way i believe.

Old 12-18-2006, 12:11 AM
supercoolin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 3" true dual exhaust

I fabricated my own since none of the shops would even attempt a 3" system, especially dual 3" over the axle and keeping the rear spare in the stock location.

I bought all the exhaust tubing, bends, mufflers and flanges at www.summitracing.com and the tips I bought at Pepboys.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:11 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 3" true dual exhaust

Great job! Looks awesome! A tight fit, but looks great!