Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

C.A.I

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007 | 01:37 PM
05blazerZR2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default C.A.I

I've got a C.A.I from K&N and amjust a bit worried about water getting through the open filter. Has anybody had any problems withthis? Alsohow is it in the winterwith snow being blown up?

Old 10-16-2007 | 03:06 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: C.A.I

I have had my K&N cai for about a month and haven't had any problems with it while its raining. I live in texas so it rarely snows but I know that K&N sells a waterproof covering for the filter that isn't supposed to restrict the air but its supposed to keep water out

Old 10-16-2007 | 04:23 PM
05blazerZR2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks.I took a look on their web site and found one that should fit. Turns out they use the same thing on "personal watercrafts" so it shouldbe able to keep any water out.

Old 10-18-2007 | 07:00 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

hard to believe its 100% effecient, you would think it has to restrict it somewhat [&:]

Old 10-18-2007 | 10:01 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

it would have to give a lil restriciton but not much its more of an absorbing wrap for the filter so it has breathable vents on it but when any moisture gets near it, it soaks it up its like the sponge they make for open ended cone filters that you put in the center of them