Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Is this CAI garbage?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Starting Member
Sterling is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is this CAI garbage?

I was looking in to buying a CAI, because im too lazy to fabricate one by myself, however i would make a heatshield.
anyways i found this one and it didn't look TOO bad, any thoughts?

eBay CPI Intake

*EDIT by swartlkk* - fixed long link

Old 03-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Is this CAI garbage?

Without a heat sheild, you won't get anywhere near the expected gains over the stock setup. Filter doesn't look too high quality either. You could start with the pipe, make a heat sheild and add a k&n.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:27 PM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

looks good to me. does it come with a bracket to keep it from hitting the alt pully?

Old 03-15-2008, 10:38 PM
Starting Member
Sterling is an unknown quantity at this point

"All necessary mounting hardwares, vacuum hoses and reducers will be included like in the picture"

Ill ignore their horrible grammar for now, i sent them a message saying "Does this include a bracket to keep the intake off my alternator?
Also, can you specify what items will be included in more detail than:" All necessary mounting hardwares, vacuum hoses and reducers will be included like in the picture"

Old 03-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Starting Member
BlazerSS is an unknown quantity at this point

It looks like they have the intake piping resting on the radiator hose. If this is the case with a aluminum intake pipe, your air temps will rise significantly thus reducing power,etc. rather than increasing it! If I had a CPI motor, I would do nothing more than a highflow drop in filter. I have yet to see a reliable and fully functional CAI for CPIs.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:34 AM
JST4SHO is an unknown quantity at this point

Get a Gen II FIPK from K&N. You will not be disapointed and will love hearing it. I just dont see the point of putting a cheapy part anywhere on anything that I own, besides most of the time you end up having problems with the cheaper road. Check out my gallery for pics, and a guy on e-bay sells them for list @ 190 instead of 240 270 retail.