Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Cannot Pick... Need Help on Exhausts.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Hontzy1291 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cannot Pick... Need Help on Exhausts.

I'm new to the whole 4x4 scene. I used to own an Alero and with the NY weather and snow, i choose to get a truck. I purchased a 1999 Chevy Blazer 2dr. Was gunna leave it stock but decided, i owe on it, therefor i beef it up a bit. I'm really lost on exhausts. I cant seem to find ANYTHING! I really dont know much about exhausts. What i am looking for is a complete bolt on setup. Preferably cat back.Been looking at Flowmaster 40 series. Is there a complete setup for the blazer? Looked all over Ebay and they are all 4DR systems and . I'm really anxious to do somthing to this truck. I would like an out the back setup where the stock tip comes out. Is there anyon who can help? I'd really appreciate it! The only systems i may have seem to find are rediculously priced! like 350+. I see these youtube vid's with people and there 40 series but like description on where they purchased or anything...

Thanks in Advance,
Hontz

Old 01-14-2008, 09:37 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Cannot Pick... Need Help on Exhausts.

you can buy just the muffler for like $60-$100 locally at a muffler shop and have them weld it in.

add a SS tip and your set

Old 01-15-2008, 04:16 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

That would be my suggestion to, just go to a reputible exhaust shop and buy a 40 series then have them do a mandrel bent exhaust from the cat back it shouldn't cost that much!! By the way my brother got his done at midas for 150.00 including muffler for cat back on his ext cab fullsize chevy!!

Old 01-15-2008, 09:27 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Yep the only full kits that I know of, and I am not sure if they are for 2doors or not, are the Gibson cat back system and the Dynomax cat back system. Everything you see on youtube with either a magnaflow, flowmaster, or borala exhaust system was custom done. IMO I would go to a good muffler shop and have them do a custom cat back system like thegr81 mentioned. It shouldn't cost you a whole bunch, should be cheaper than the Gibson system. Hope this helps.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:53 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

[sm=welcomesign.gif]to the Forum. Look in the phone book for an exhaust shop that stocks Flowmaster and go talk to them. I had my muffler installed and the tail pipe run out the back for $180.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:52 PM
Hontzy1291 is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome. I know a shop around here that does custom exhausts too. I was thinking a Flowmaster 80 series. They can do the rest from there. Now, i were to buy an 80 series, does andyone know what kind of outlet i'minlet/outlet i am looking for size wise and either center, left or right outlet?Thank's for all the help guys! A link to a flowmaster 80series (just the muffler)that would fit my car would be awesome. I did so much exhaust searching yesterday, my heads ready to fall off!

Hontz

Old 01-15-2008, 04:22 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Wellll, you might actually think more toward the 40 or 50 Series. Talk it over with the exhaust shop.