Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

cat back exhaust for 01 jimmy

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 12:24 AM
old 5k0ol is on a distinguished road
Default cat back exhaust for 01 jimmy

i was just wondering if a cat back exhasut was made for an 01 jimmy, and if not is it worth gettin a high flow cat + a new muffler and customizing my exhaust

Old 10-28-2009, 12:27 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Dynomax 19331 Super Turbo is your base line pre-made cat back kit. google it up and if you beat $160 after s&h let me know

also flowmaster 40 series and 44's seem to be common on a few ride around here.

as for 'worth' that depends on you. it will sound different. worth it? you can get a new mufler like this cherry bomb glass pack for $25... or a super turbo for $20. hell, even if you HATE it, you aren't out much plus it should buy you a SUPER noticable 5-10 hps (generously measured)

Last edited by ABN31B; 10-28-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:49 PM

it says that the part wont fit my vehicle

Old 10-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Starting Member
blazer blaze13 is an unknown quantity at this point

it also has to do with the # of doors you have. but the best way to go is to get a shop to cut the old muffler out and get them to weld a new muffler of your choice in place, also if you remove the first cat in the stream then you should expect a P0420 Check engine light, im not sure if it would set with just replacing the main cat with a high flow.. i replaced my first cat with a pipe and the second with a high flow.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:12 PM

did u notice any difference in power? i dont think ill mind a dash light i have about 8 of them that are on and off

Old 10-28-2009, 09:49 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by old 5k0ol
did u notice any difference in power? i dont think ill mind a dash light i have about 8 of them that are on and off
if you start your truck, the lights go out in the dash you know.

there's Flowmaster, Gibson, Dynomax and Borla systems available for the Blazer's.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Starting Member
blazer blaze13 is an unknown quantity at this point

ya i noticed a gain especially with the cat work, more than the muffer.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:31 PM

if i remove the first cat is it legal?

Old 11-01-2009, 01:19 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

define legal? every state is different. that being said, every county is different. that being said, some counties are different depending on what part you are in....

for example oregon says nothing 96+ can be louder than 91 Dbs, also if you live in zip 97055, you will be DEQ inspected and required to meet emissions standards, UNLESS you live past a certian road heading east up mt. hood....

so in one place there is a loop hole to legally cut the first cat, cut the second cat, run straight pipes and (barely) muffle them at the end FTW. check into YOUR laws and codes.

Old 11-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old 5k0ol
if i remove the first cat is it legal?
Illegal on the federal level. Regardless of local and/or state regulations, removing any emissions device is in violation of federal emissions laws.

Quick Reply: cat back exhaust for 01 jimmy