Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Dynomax UltraFlo SS Performance Muffler. .

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 03:02 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default Dynomax UltraFlo SS Performance Muffler. .

Has anyone heard of them. I'm strongly considering one this weekend and I don't wanna make a mistake. I don't want the flowmaster 40 series so dont even suggest it...lol

Old 11-02-2006, 09:44 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Dynomax UltraFlo SS Performance Muffler. .

the SS is for stainless steel right?

I know the ultraflows are good muff's.

Old 11-02-2006, 10:35 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

yea its for stainless steel.... im probably just looking at the aluminized one though.... I really need an inexpensive muffler... I can't give alot of money for one.... any suggestions on good sound/performance for cheap??

Have you ever heard of flowtech red hots or purple hornies? I am really looking for sound and performance for less than $50 (muffler not including install)
I know a Meremont Cherry Bomb muffler is like the original glasspack.... supposed to be awesome...... will it sound like crap on my blazer?
plus... for a slip-fit muffler, do I need to go with 2 1/4" in/out or 2 1/2" in/out

Old 11-02-2006, 11:00 PM
iceflames11 is on a distinguished road

I actually have the dynomax exhaust. Its a catback (the one I have). Sound isn't really all that loud at all. Enough so you know its there but not real loud. Performance isnt a whole lot. I dont believe there was a huge noticable difference but that was over a year ago and I cant really remember. Hope that helps ya out a little bit.

Old 11-02-2006, 11:18 PM

Well, I believe I might go with the Dynomax Thrush Turbo Flow or Meremont Cherry Bomb..... I just need to know about these slip-fit mufflers.... can I put one on with clamps or does it need to be welded... and what size inlet and outlet would I need?

Old 11-02-2006, 11:38 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

dynomax bullets are cheap but wont fit your tubes.

You can get a turbo tube. they are cheap straight thru and a little loud. the longer they are the louder they are I think. my 3' ones were LOUD.

Old 11-02-2006, 11:40 PM

I'm thinking glasspack..... how do they sound on the 4.3 single inlet single outlet... a sound clip would be great if anyone has a link..... i'd like to do this saturday. . .

Old 11-03-2006, 12:33 AM
TheDesertFox is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQNRpDQb40E

Here is a 92 sonoma with a 4.3, it has no cat though but thats pretty close to what i think it'll sound like.

Old 11-03-2006, 12:39 AM

K.... now all I need help with is the concept of a slip-fit muffler. . . can I put it on myself, or does it have to be wleded? In/Out dimensions??

Old 11-03-2006, 02:21 AM

How about the Dynomax Boss Turbo Muffler... Heard naything on them? I can get one for $40.... Last question.... offset inlet/center outlet or offset inlet/offset outlet... I only want to replace the stock muffler... no new pipe only what is needed to put it on. . .

Quick Reply: Dynomax UltraFlo SS Performance Muffler. .