Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Exaust Mod

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 05:19 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Question Exaust Mod

Today while working trying to remove stubborn bolts that wouldnt budge no matter what i tryed I was grinding off a bracket that was in the way of the bolts.When I did I ground a big slice in the tubing near the flange that was probaly too large to be welded.Eventualy I want to take the factory muffler tank off and replace it with a performance muffler.What do you guys think?Thanks

Last edited by 1sttimejimmyowner; 10-18-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:24 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Couldnt you just cut the pipe on both sides of the flange and put a coupler on

Old 10-18-2012, 06:40 PM
Default Had no idea about coupler

That and the pipe is 3 inches in diamter.Anyway I have a 18 inch gap to fill in place of what is now gone.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:15 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

I took off that flange and welded 2.5 dia on the muffler side then piped in a thrush and dumped it in front of the axle

Old 10-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Question

It still has the muffler its the blank piece before it thats not there anymore.I just want to know if all the sensors are hooked up am I going to get any check engine codes and if my pcm is going to have to be reprogrammed.Eventauly Im going to run duals from the muffler back but I havent mad up mind on what kind or brand Im going to replace the stock one with yet.Thanks.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:08 PM
Starting Member
99lsdriven is on a distinguished road

Anyone, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe you should get any check engine lights if all of your sensors come before the gap in your exhaust.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:13 PM
Beginning Member
dunnboy is on a distinguished road

Actually the diameter is 3 1/32" lol sorry I learned that at Napa trying to learn how to match the flanges lol. I still wanna know the best way to put a glass pack on if I didn't get the one with the flange. But I already have a thread for that with no luck
I wish you luck good sir I'd help but I'm lost without pics.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by dunnboy
Actually the diameter is 3 1/32" lol sorry I learned that at Napa trying to learn how to match the flanges lol. I still wanna know the best way to put a glass pack on if I didn't get the one with the flange. But I already have a thread for that with no luck
I wish you luck good sir I'd help but I'm lost without pics.

Im glad you told me the exact size that helped.As for the glass pack I hate those things LOL.

I would like to keep the exaust near the back where it belongs.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Beginning Member
dunnboy is on a distinguished road

Well I wouldn't dump it at the glass pack I'd connect it to the existing tailpipe lol

Old 12-21-2012, 01:47 AM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

I real like Pro Flow mufflers. I have had them on both my Blazers. The 97 had one on for a 100K before I sold the truck & it was going strong. I had one put on my 98. They sound real good on the 4.3. Not too loud but surely not stock either.

Quick Reply: Exaust Mod