Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 10:09 PM
chevman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default exhaust

i am looking for some decent exhaust for my blazer. The specs of my blazer are in my sig. my exhaust system right now has the catalytic converter cut out so it sounds like crap so im thinking i have to replace it and I was just wondering what you guys would recommend for exhaust that has a nice rumble to it and if there is a place on the internet where i could hear it? cuz i want to replace my exhaust while i do my catalytic converter at the same time
thanks correy

Old 08-16-2006, 12:07 AM
tommyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: exhaust

you don't have a sig but I currently have an SLP loudmouth resonator on my blazer and I think it sounds great. It's raspy as hell but it sounds good. I also think that the flo-pro v-force sounds good behind a 4.3 (I'm assumin you have a 4.3) Of course you always have flowmaster which sounds good. If it were me I would stay away from magnaflow, I just don't like the way they sound. As far as the cat goes you will probably need it to pass emissions tests if your state has them. I would probably put one back on anyhow just because it's going to be louder/ricier with it off.

Flo-Pro V-force
A whole bunch of sound clips
(sorry to pimp another website but it has what he is looking for)

Old 08-16-2006, 12:24 AM

sorry i forgot to enable my sig but yeah i have a 4.3 and thanks for the opinion

Old 08-16-2006, 01:56 AM

ok so now im thinking i want to go with dual exhaust with a nice deep rumble to it but not extremly loud just want to kno what would be a good inexpensive exhaust to go with?
thanks

Old 08-16-2006, 02:46 PM
tommyd is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't go true duals because there is the distinct possibility (depending on how tube is bent, muffler, size of tube ect.) that it could sound like 2 3 cyl engines. Single in dual out mufflers would be the cheapest/easiest way to run duals As for a muffler flowmasters are nice but everyone's got a flow. Basically find a muffler that you like the sound of and get si/do. Someone will have to custom bend the pipes for you and weld them together if you can't do it. I got a quote from lentz muffler near my house and they said about $250 for a cat back si/do flowmaster setup installed.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:53 PM
flowmasta is an unknown quantity at this point

yea i have a flowmaster 40 single in/out, sounds great but i did want the look and feel of dual exhaust...unfortunatly they wanted double the price....300 bux for single in/out 2 and a half inch piping......540 for duals....i have heard that duals reduce the sound more....so i just went with the single.......its cheap and i cant complain about the sound....u might wanna spring for a high flow cat(better sound) but might mess up your backflow(idk one of my friends mentioned it)