Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Exhaust setup. Will it work?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Starting Member
Eff10 is on a distinguished road
Question Exhaust setup. Will it work?

I have a 94 4.3 vortec 4x4. I need a new catback because my old one is rusted beyond recognition and the previous owner welded a flowmaster muffler in so that when I turn it hits the driveshaft.
I was looking into the dynomax catback system with the 2.5 in pipes.
I also want to get a magnaflow cat because my old one is the original and I'm pretty sure I ruined it when my spider decided that the fpr wanted to explode.
The direct fit cat says that it's a 2.5 inlet and 3 out.
Will this setup work? Or if not what can I do to make it work?

Thanks,
Melissa

Old 07-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What is the number on the direct fit cat? It should be 2.5 in/out.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Starting Member

The part number is 93485

I found the specs on it here:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-93485/

Old 07-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a bad description.

From car-sound.com who makes the catalytic converters for Magnaflow, it shows as a 3" ball flange on the front and a 2-1/2" ID outlet.

Attached Thumbnails Exhaust setup. Will it work?-93485.gif  
Old 07-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Starting Member

I've looked at a few other sites that say the 2 1/2" is the inlet and the 3" is the outlet. I'm confused.

Last edited by Eff10; 07-08-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Administrator

The image I posted came directly off of the car-sound website. Since they make the cat you are looking at, I would trust that information over anything else.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Starting Member

Well will this work with the dynomax system?

Old 09-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Starting Member

To update, I bought the magnaflow cat and the dynomax system and put it on last Saturday. Everything went pretty smoothly and it sounds great! It was time for a new system anyway because the tailpipe fell off on Friday. Once I got the original cat off you could hear all kinds of things rattling around in there. Thanks everyone.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:04 AM
richkcmo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Eff10
The part number is 93485

I found the specs on it here:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-93485/
I have the same magnaflow too and love it, you can usually get a used one on ebay or cragislist. I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow 93485. Also some of the forum sponsors selling magnaflow usually have a sale going on. Either way its a great cat, sounds great, and very easy to install.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:15 PM
04CVLXsport is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richkcmo
I have the same magnaflow too and love it, you can usually get a used one on ebay or cragislist. I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow 93485. Also some of the forum sponsors selling magnaflow usually have a sale going on. Either way its a great cat, sounds great, and very easy to install.

Its is against federal law to sell a used cat converter. Just so you know, Its against ebay rules also.

Quick Reply: Exhaust setup. Will it work?