Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Fake dual exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Starting Member
96jimmyslt4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default Fake dual exhaust?

Not sure if this is the best place for this, but I was wondering how to go about a fake dual exhaust system.

Basically just splitting the pipes before it gets to the end and having 2 pipes sticking out.

To even the flow out to appear to be dual exhaust, I would put a spacer or something where it y's off to give more flow to the longer pipe. Does that make sense?

Anyone ever did anything like this?

Part of the exhaust already leaks after the muffler, which isn't required to be replaced, but what I am getting at is that I need to replace it anyway for self-worth of the vehicle.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:09 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Sounds feasible, I say go ahead, unless someone crawls underneath your vehicle they won't see that you have a cheater dual exhaust lol.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:11 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by oktain
Sounds feasible, I say go ahead, unless someone crawls underneath your vehicle they won't see that you have a cheater dual exhaust lol.
Exactly!

Any ideas on the size of the pipes or where to get pieces?

Old 03-31-2011, 04:21 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

most muffler companies make single inlet dual outlet mufflers. stock pipe size is 2.25". I think a few companies make dual out catbacks. you'd have to search under s10's thou, but its the same thing as a blazer

Old 03-31-2011, 04:29 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
most muffler companies make single inlet dual outlet mufflers. stock pipe size is 2.25". I think a few companies make dual out catbacks. you'd have to search under s10's thou, but its the same thing as a blazer
Cool, thanks for the pipe size.

That will help a lot.

I'm probably going to take the hitch and spare tire out to save gas and to help install it.

Never tow anything with it anyway.

Will remove the spare and hitch (if I can) and post more pics.

Anyone feel free to comment.

Attached Thumbnails Fake dual exhaust?-dscn8721.jpg   Fake dual exhaust?-dscn8723.jpg   Fake dual exhaust?-dscn8725.jpg  
Old 03-31-2011, 04:56 PM
Starting Member

Alright, I'm at a stand still.

The hitch has a bunch of bolts that I can't get to.

I tried to remove the spare tire, but the hitch apparently bent down or was forced over the tire and the tire is pinched between the hitch and won't come out.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:00 PM
BF Veteran

looks like you could push your spare forward some when you loosen it up. if that doesn't work let all the air out of your spare and wiggle it off

Old 03-31-2011, 05:04 PM
Starting Member

looks like you could push your spare forward some when you loosen it up. if that doesn't work let all the air out of your spare and wiggle it off
I put the jack on the back of the tire where it was pinching, and it only slightly moved it.

Thanks, didn't think to let the air out.

Trying that now.

When I lowered the pulley thing, it just lowered the mount and the tire didn't move.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:06 PM
BF Veteran

its probably hung up on the hitch and the sway bar my spare is a pain to get in between my hitch and sway bar. I can't see how you bent your trailer hitch thou.... did you ever back into something?

Old 03-31-2011, 05:19 PM
Starting Member

its probably hung up on the hitch and the sway bar my spare is a pain to get in between my hitch and sway bar. I can't see how you bent your trailer hitch thou.... did you ever back into something?
Not that I remember. It was only recently given to me. Before that, it was my mom and dads for many years.

We used to tow a 20ft striper boat with it.

Quick Reply: Fake dual exhaust?