Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Fake dual exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 05:45 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

you should get a rear tire carrier save you the pain of twisting underneath I hate that... I've had to change my tire twice since I got my carrier makes it sooo much easier plus it looks awesome!

Old 03-31-2011, 07:16 PM
Starting Member
96jimmyslt4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
you should get a rear tire carrier save you the pain of twisting underneath I hate that... I've had to change my tire twice since I got my carrier makes it sooo much easier plus it looks awesome!
We have never used the spare tire or tools once.

We don't really travel with this vehicle, especially now since we are in farmland.

I am going to just remove the spare tire and kit and hitch.

Got the spare tire dropped.

TONS of room to work with.

Looks like a pretty straight forward install.

And since it's AFTER the muffler, even if I overlook something, and it pinches the left tube somewhere, it won't matter.

Hitch bolts.

Anyone know exactly how many there are, and the locations?

Might invest in a creeper...

Attached Thumbnails Fake dual exhaust?-dscn8740.jpg   Fake dual exhaust?-dscn8741.jpg   Fake dual exhaust?-dscn8742.jpg   Fake dual exhaust?-dscn8743.jpg   Fake dual exhaust?-dscn8744.jpg  

Fake dual exhaust?-dscn8745.jpg   Fake dual exhaust?-dscn8746.jpg   Fake dual exhaust?-dscn8747.jpg  

Last edited by swartlkk; 03-31-2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post. If you need to attach more pictures, use Photobucket, Imageshack, etc or your photo gallery.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:56 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

As far as I know the hitch acts as bumper mounts as well, the bumper is bolted to the hitch which is bolted to the frame. You'll need bumper mounts from a Blazer w/o a hitch, or you could just go with a sawzall and cut the hitch off if you're that gun-ho to ditch the hitch (play on words ).

I installed my GM hitch on my Blazer and that's what had to happen. Make sure you get the bumper brackets from a similar year truck though if you go that route *cough* pick n' pull *cough*

Old 04-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by oktain
As far as I know the hitch acts as bumper mounts as well, the bumper is bolted to the hitch which is bolted to the frame. You'll need bumper mounts from a Blazer w/o a hitch, or you could just go with a sawzall and cut the hitch off if you're that gun-ho to ditch the hitch (play on words ).

I installed my GM hitch on my Blazer and that's what had to happen. Make sure you get the bumper brackets from a similar year truck though if you go that route *cough* pick n' pull *cough*
Hmm, I looked under it and yes, the bumper is connected to the hitch.

Do you think it will not stay on if I take the hitch off though?

It had to have been fine BEFORE it was installed right?

Also, I have updated my project expectations and am going to make flush exhausts on the bumper itself.

1. Would these tips look stupid on a GMC? Essentially the same vehicles, at least, this model is the same.

2. Would it look good?

3. Would I need any special prep or guard for the exhaust tips? Would the bumper and surrounding areas handle the heat?

I would be using each end of the bumper.

Attached Thumbnails Fake dual exhaust?-chevy_1.jpg   Fake dual exhaust?-0806dp_10_z-diesel_truck_drag_racing-side_exhaust_vents.jpg   Fake dual exhaust?-dscn88212.jpg  

Last edited by 96jimmyslt4x4; 04-02-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Starting Member

Got the bumper off.

Have revised my goal possibilities.

The green oval is almost exactly the same as the pic of the gray fender above.

But I want it flush and not touching the bumper

Attached Thumbnails Fake dual exhaust?-1301874919159.jpg  
Old 04-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Starting Member
88Vic is on a distinguished road

I think on a Blazer the dual side tip would look pretty good, like the Gibson Dual Sport catback exit:

But instead of dual tailpipes just one tailpipe and a tip like this:

Old 04-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by 88Vic
I think on a Blazer the dual side tip would look pretty good, like the Gibson Dual Sport catback exit:

Hmm, thanks for the suggestion. That would be a lot easier. I'm just looking for input and suggestions on this as well...

Let me fire up GIMP and see how it looks

Old 04-05-2011, 03:05 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by 88Vic

I had a tip like that on mine but just recently cut it off.

I've seen it out the side panel as well

Old 04-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by mdehoogh

I've seen it out the side panel as well
Why did you cut it off?

And that's what I wanted on the last pic, but more clean looking. Probably with the rounded tips like this, not the thin ones.

Might be hard to tell if you haven't seen both in person...

Attached Thumbnails Fake dual exhaust?-exhaust-tip-chrome-2.4l.jpg  
Old 04-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Starting Member
88Vic is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
Kinda like that, but pointed to the side so it comes out under the rear quarter panel instead of under the bumper, like the truck in the pic.

Quick Reply: Fake dual exhaust?