Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Flowmaster on a 2000 Trailblazer

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 10:27 AM
dist6blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flowmaster on a 2000 Trailblazer

First off id just like to say thank you chevy..i have never owned a car other than a chevy and so far i have had NO problems whatsoever

ok so i just goot my 2000 trailblazer ..thing is mint i love ervything about it except for the fact that is it Quiet.. and me being a young man i want it loud... right now i have the stock exhaust on it and the baffels in the muffler are begginging to go.. so i have one of two plans (1) replace all the pipes from the cat back with 3" pipe & a flowmaster 40 series or perhaps 55.. (2) replace the cat back with 3"pipes and flowmaster muffler.

another question i ha
ve is that i heard my trail blazer had two resanators? is that rubbish? and if possible would it make the car any louder if i took the resnators out? the rest of the car is bone stock no headers no intake..

Thanks
-chris

Old 10-03-2007, 12:21 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Flowmaster on a 2000 Trailblazer

So what are the differences between plan 1 & 2? LOL

Anyway, you'll get louder with pretty much any after market exhaust. I will have to caution you, however... 3" is VERY large for these engines. 2-1/2" is about as large as you want to go with leaving the cat-forward, including manifolds and engine, stock.

So with that said, if you want the system to last, I would recommend just chopping out the factory muffler and putting in the replacement of your choice. The factory exhaust system is stainless steel and will last for a VERY long time. If you put in a new muffler, the muffler will be the first thing to go if the rest of the pipes are the factory stainless. If you replace the whole thing from the cat back, well, you'll probably be doing it again if you live up in the salt belt. Just my $0.02, take from it what you will.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:48 PM
dist6blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks i really appreciate it i see your post all over so you must know what your talking about lol.. i think im going to just do the muffler replace the stock with a super 40 and leave the rest being that it is stainless i do zoom in and out down by the beach but not on the beach so maybey ill hit the muffler with a high heat spray paint before i put it on

Old 10-03-2007, 01:03 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Kyle's advice is spot-on. Our exhaust is 2 1/4" stock and 2 1/2" is about as large as you want to go before it starts to scavange outside air back into the exhaust.