Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Flowmaster's soft

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 04:35 PM
gstrat323 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flowmaster's soft

Well I've been waiting to put this Flowmaster Super 44 on my 2001 chevy blazer v6 and today i had it finnally installed. However it's not nearly as loud as i expected. I was short on money so i had the technician keep my stock piping and tailpiping thats only 2.25 and i think that might be part of the reason it doesn't rumble really well? I mean its louder but not much louder now. Any advice?

Old 06-20-2008, 06:21 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Flowmaster's soft

You don't really want to go larger than 2.5" on the exhaust and even that won't make much difference in the sound level. Some people think Flowmasters are loud, some think they are not. Either way, you're not going to make a 4.3L V6 sound like a big V8.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:04 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

I just actually put that same muffler on my 93 chevy van with a 350 in it, also installed a high perfomance catalytic conv it sounds pretty damn kool o and the sizing of the pipes are 3"

The brand of the cat was eastern catalytic converter paid 95 $ for it online from autopartswarehouse.com high flow cat...

Old 06-21-2008, 12:16 PM
blazerav is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to disagree. The Flowmaster 44 is pretty damn loud on my Blazer. I think its the best Flowmaster muffler. You're probably not going to find anything much better for under $100. And I didn't change the muffler pipe sizing. There's really no point unless you're going to put headers on your truck.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:05 AM
gstrat323 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh okay sounds good thanks for the input fellas. The next thing I'll look into doin is maybe like a hi flow cat or something. And actually i think its alittle bit louder now than it was when i first put it on. Do flowmasters usually break in?

Old 06-22-2008, 10:07 AM
redneck2725 is an unknown quantity at this point

Since there doesn't appear to be many aftermarket systems, I'm noticing everyone just switching out the muffler. Where did you get you 44 Series??? How much was the entire installation??? I want a guide point on what i should spend on this.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:26 PM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can pick up the flowmasters at your local autozone and just go and install it yourself with some clamps, its probably under 100 bucks including the muffler.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:39 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: gstrat323
...And actually i think its alittle bit louder now than it was when i first put it on. Do flowmasters usually break in?
Yes, in my experience and that of my exhaust man, Flowmasters do get slightly louder over time.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:45 PM
bad350v8s10tahoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Want it louder? eliminate the tailpipe and just run a turn down after the muffler [8D]

Old 06-22-2008, 04:07 PM
BF Guru

Except that is illegal in some states because the exhaust exit does not clear the passenger area.

Quick Reply: Flowmaster's soft