Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Glass Pack questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 08:47 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Glass Pack questions

Hey I have been thinking about buying a Cherry Bomb Glass Pack for my 96 Blazer. Does anyone know how these sound on the v6? and also is the long the glass pack the deeper the sound?? One Last thing does anyone know the size of the pipe and the length?

Old 03-14-2009, 02:34 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

ive got a glasspack on my blazer and im not a big fan of it, it doesnt sound bad at all its just not as deep as i wanted it doesnt sound ricey by any means, but i think a flowmaster super 40 or 44 would be a better route. ive also got a cat-back tho so its might be a lil different if ur just upgrading the muffler.

btw. stock piping is 2.25in im not sure on the lenght tho but any exhaust shop will be able to add/remove any neccasary piping.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:16 AM

Would this be an easy thing to do in your drive way over the weekend

Oh mike how much more is the flowmaster 44? I have hear they dont flow very much.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:40 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 96chevblazer
I have hear they dont flow very much.
I would not worry about that. For use on a daily driver the difference between muffler flow rates is probably of little importance. I'm sure that in ultra-performance situations on highly tuned competition engines, the difference in mufflers might be measurable, but on the street all you will notice is sound difference. Get what you like to listen to.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:07 PM

ok thank you i guess the flow doesnt matter on my dd

Old 03-14-2009, 04:06 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

im not sure on the price difference between the 2 flows but im gonnaguess and say ebay would prolly be the cheapest place to pick one up. and i cant see it being more than a 100 bucks if that at a shop to replace a muffler my cat back was 350 but thats with 2.5in stainless pipes from the cat back

Old 03-14-2009, 06:15 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

i paid $87 for my flowmaster supper 44

Old 03-25-2009, 10:00 PM
ROCKYMnt4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a Short Glass Pack on mine and it sounds pretty good, not ricy at all. Pretty cheap too for the acutal glass pack.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Beginning Member
Doverman454 is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 03-29-2009, 08:55 PM
PVT Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a magnaflow on my blazer and i think it sounds great.

Heres a vid of my exhaust (not my blazer) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qAii...eature=related

Quick Reply: Glass Pack questions