Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Glasspack questions!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 01:28 AM
Beginning Member
ChevyMan90 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Glasspack questions!

Ok I got a 20$ Cherrybomb Glasspack from Autozone today and I was wondering about how to put it on. I know that I needed adapters and got some of those to make it fit but I need to know how to safely cut off the stock muffler and weld the new one on. I know that it wouldn't be a good idea to use a cutting tourch so i need some help on this.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:54 AM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

I took mine a a local welding shop. $30 and 15 minutes later...

Old 10-10-2009, 02:00 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by BlaziNator
I took mine a a local welding shop. $30 and 15 minutes later...
yea but when your strapped for cash like me it makes it hard

Old 10-10-2009, 02:06 AM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

I tried to do it by my lonesome...twisted off some bolts, cut my hand, muffler was stuck. I got angry and quit. I would try a sawzall, hack saw, or an angle grinder.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:19 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Reciprocating saw is what took mine off. It worked pretty well if you have access to one.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Beginning Member

UPDATE!! I finally got the glasspack put on and IT IS AWESOME!! Soon as they started it up for the first time and I heard that rumble the first thought in my mind was...That can't be my Blazer... It sounds great on the lower RPM's around 1500-2000 starts to sound a little bit like a tuner but then again I only had it on for 2 days and already put about 500 miles on it haha. My freind was talking about busting it the other day by driving around for a while, 2 hours or so and then running a waterhose up the tailpipe and busting it. Sound like a good idea? His sounds ungodly loud and he has glasspacks, I can hear him rolling to my house about a full mile away ha ha.

Old 10-17-2009, 02:11 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

That is a horrible idea.

Glad you like the sound though!

Old 10-17-2009, 05:34 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Agreed...terrible idea.
The 4.3's do sound great with an exhaust in the lower RPM's though. Mine has a nice deep rumble to it, but it's not obscenely loud or anything..which is exactly the way I like it.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:27 AM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

i have heard of your friends idea, but if you do that you might as well straight pipe it, i'm gonna do this to mine here soon.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Beginning Member

Got another update now, I've had the glasspack on for a while now and it is getting broke in pretty good. I've only got one issue with the glasspack (which it could have been the welding but I don't know.) After I have drove for a while and switch the engine off, I can hear a tinging sound coming from the glasspack, now it's not a slow ting at all, very very fast. Is this good or bad?

Quick Reply: Glasspack questions!