Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

a good ebay intake with heat shield!

Old 07-31-2009, 09:30 PM
Beginning Member
m_eason_98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default a good ebay intake with heat shield!

Just installed this intake tonight and am really happy with it. Hard to tell how much power was gained, might feel a bit more pepppy but that may just be my immagination. What I didn't expect was the sound, when I get on it now, it sounds great and it is otherwise stock! Install was simple although it doesn't come with directions installing an intake isn't rocket sience. I have seen other posts about ebay intakes, the ones with the little cone filters, and no heat shield, so I wanted to pass on the link to this one. It's more expensive than the other ones ($75 shipped), but still far cheaper than other name brand intakes and this does include a heatshield and large cone filter. Any questions let me know.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-04...Q5fAccessories

P.S. I am not the seller, just a happy customer

Old 07-31-2009, 09:35 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

looks good the only thing i woud suggest is to invest in a quality brand name filter(K&N, AEM, etc)

Old 08-03-2009, 12:23 PM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

m eason 98 can you do me a favor and post a pic or two of the intake installed. Im very intrested. I have another intake, but it doesent have a heat shield and it doesent fit right.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Beginning Member

I'll take some pictures tomorrow and hopefully have them posted tomorrow evening

Old 08-04-2009, 05:56 AM
Starting Member
FlatTopFoley has a little shameless behavior in the past

I was planning on doing something like this, getting all the tubing and whatnot and then going out and getting a K&N.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Beginning Member
cueball is on a distinguished road

I just picked one up good deal! Thanks for the link!!!

Old 08-04-2009, 12:12 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I fabbed up my own heatshield (what a PITA, used thick sheet metal I had left over after patching holes in the floor of an 86 F-150) painted it black and put reflective tape facing the engine, just have to seal up the bottom and I have a K&N filter coming in... so far it's cost me maybe 100 bucks.

I was pretty happy with the sound too, but definitely get a different filter if it isn't name brand, the cheap ones are too restrictive. I've heard good things about spectre (mostly from ugly_monkey) but I went the tried and true K&N route.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Beginning Member

here are some pictures. The heatshield isn't really tight to the intake tube, but I think it does the job.

Attached Thumbnails a good ebay intake with heat shield!-img_0885.jpg   a good ebay intake with heat shield!-img_0886.jpg   a good ebay intake with heat shield!-img_0887.jpg  
Old 08-04-2009, 05:59 PM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

Thats a sweet intake. I might just look into getting that one honestly. The K and N one is the the best one you could get the way it fits and the quality of it, but this ones a hell of a lot better than I have now. Thanks m eason i really appreciate it.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldnt trust that heatshield for a second. You are going to suck alot of hot air, even when people get the 300$ K&N they usually (if they are in it for the performance gain) replace the heatshield with a custom one anyway! The pics look good though! My 2 pennies, hope it helps!

Originally Posted by mikeinwi
looks good the only thing i woud suggest is to invest in a quality brand name filter(K&N, AEM, etc)
X2, you definatly want to get a HQ filter. I chose to go with the spectre inverted cone design, I'm happy with it so far.

Last edited by Ugly_Monkey; 08-04-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: a good ebay intake with heat shield!