Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

guttin cat on 2001 4.3

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 11:40 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nathan1991
everywhere?
are you serious!?!

Old 09-27-2009, 03:19 AM
Starting Member
one.shot.one.kill. is an unknown quantity at this point

In my town in Illinois, it is illegal to have any aftermarket exhaust at all, but we don't have emissions testing. But the police around here won't just pull you over for exhaust, its just another ticket you will most likely get if you get pulled over for speeding.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:39 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by one.shot.one.kill.
In my town in Illinois, it is illegal to have any aftermarket exhaust at all, but we don't have emissions testing. But the police around here won't just pull you over for exhaust, its just another ticket you will most likely get if you get pulled over for speeding.
so you guys can't run anything that might improve the performance of your vehicle, or the fuel efficiency of your engine? even if it's not a "noise can" of an exhaust tone? sounds like your town has some issues, since it's not even the state that's gonna hit you with the violation.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Nathan1991 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
are you serious!?!
ya im serious, yes I drive, have been for 4 years, everyday to school and work its a 60 km round trip.

I've just never had to do any emissions tests on any of my vehicles therefore have no idea how illegal it is. and I have never heard of anybody getting busted for not having a cat, and like every one of my freinds who drives a 90's era chev (very common here for some reason) has deleted their cats from their exhaust system.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:23 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe he was just surprised that you could not say that you knew for sure what the Canadian national, provincial, or territorial emission regulations are. It's not surprising if you don't. I see U.S. members here who still don't seem to understand the fact that having a catalytic converter on cars later than ~1985 and driven on the public roads is a U.S. Federal law that supercedes any and all state, county, or city regulations.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:14 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

oldskool, we still don't have e-testing up north lol. I know cops who carry coveralls with them though and go to see if the cat's been tampered with when they pull over rice burners or muscle cars and the drivers start getting smart.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:40 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by oktain
oldskool, we still don't have e-testing up north lol. I know cops who carry coveralls with them though and go to see if the cat's been tampered with when they pull over rice burners or muscle cars and the drivers start getting smart.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:08 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by rriddle3
I believe he was just surprised that you could not say that you knew for sure what the Canadian national, provincial, or territorial emission regulations are. It's not surprising if you don't. I see U.S. members here who still don't seem to understand the fact that having a catalytic converter on cars later than ~1985 and driven on the public roads is a U.S. Federal law that supercedes any and all state, county, or city regulations.
thank you rriddle3, that was exactly what i was getting at.

Originally Posted by oktain
you don't have the Ontario Drive clean program yet? one of my younger brothers goes to Nipissing U, and he has to do the etest (that's maybe a hour to a hour & a half away from you). we found this out 'cause his '85 Dime finally bagged on him, and when he went to transfer over a '98 Malibu, they told him he had to get one (his licence is registered @ the school, not down here).
and not all cars had cat's on them, so checking the muscle cars is (usually) a waste of your time. they're probably just phishing for some other infraction. but we all know (most) ricers are running straight pipe in their cars.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Nathan1991 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
thank you rriddle3, that was exactly what i was getting at.
haha, I see. ya i've just never encountered it so im clueless

Old 09-27-2009, 09:17 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Even here in the states emissions tests are not "required" everywhere, especially more rural areas but being caught without the proper equipment can definitely cost!

Quick Reply: guttin cat on 2001 4.3