Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

guttin cat on 2001 4.3

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 09:27 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by oisinirish
Even here in the states emissions tests are not "required" everywhere, especially more rural areas but being caught without the proper equipment can definitely cost!
Here in Oklahoma we have no emissions and no vehicle inspection!!!

Old 09-27-2009, 09:30 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

When looking at classified ads in Sudbury, you know if it's an out of towner selling a car in the Sudbury section when he puts "etested" in the description. Call us a bunch of cowboys and hillbillies if you want but that's the way it is lol.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:33 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by okvortec
when you're talking about "vehicle inspection", are you refering to a safety (or certification) inspection?

Old 09-27-2009, 09:36 PM

Yeah safety. You used to have to have your vehicle inspected ( cracked windshield, lights, emissions, etc) before you could renew your tag.. No idea why they did away with it but I don't care because my truck would pass if they reinstated it.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:47 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah safety. You used to have to have your vehicle inspected ( cracked windshield, lights, emissions, etc) before you could renew your tag.. No idea why they did away with it but I don't care because my truck would pass if they reinstated it.
When I lived in Arkansas they did away with inspections as well BUT if you were pulled over and a safety issue was evident the authorities had more leeway as far as inspection of your vehicle. The theory, not mine the local populace's, was that it was in an attempt to create more income for the local authorities through tickets. True? False? I dunno.

In Maryland your vehicle is "truly inspected" only the first time you register it in Maryalnd. It cost roughly $100 and they need to keep your vehicle for several hours. After that, if you pass, you may get a random notice for an emissions test through the mail for as long as you own the car. CRAZY!

Old 09-27-2009, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by oisinirish
When I lived in Arkansas they did away with inspections as well BUT if you were pulled over and a safety issue was evident the authorities had more leeway as far as inspection of your vehicle. The theory, not mine the local populace's, was that it was in an attempt to create more income for the local authorities through tickets. True? False? I dunno.

In Maryland your vehicle is "truly inspected" only the first time you register it in Maryalnd. It cost roughly $100 and they need to keep your vehicle for several hours. After that, if you pass, you may get a random notice for an emissions test through the mail for as long as you own the car. CRAZY!
Hmmm, interesting point. I've ridden with the local PD several times (I'm in the process of becoming one thats why) as well as have family in law enforcement locally. From what I've seen, if you have something broken, it's just another ticketable offense if you get smart with the officer

Old 09-27-2009, 10:33 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

oh, you mean they were doing this every year. in Ontario, only the commercial vehicles need that. some insurance companies will have one of their adjusters "inspect the vehicle" if you are changing companies, and if your vehicle is older than 12 years.
don't know what it's like in Quebec now, but i know that in the past, a cop had the right to pull you over, and give you the "white glove test". if an officer observed obvious rust issues on your car, he would pull you over, and put on a white cotton glove. he would then move his hand over the car. if any rust got caught in the glove, he had the right to have your vehicle towed, and you would have to have the body repaired, or your plates were pulled. they used to have a big issue with major rust buckets running around.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:35 PM
BF Guru

Hmmm, interesting point. I've ridden with the local PD several times (I'm in the process of becoming one thats why) as well as have family in law enforcement locally. From what I've seen, if you have something broken, it's just another ticketable offense if you get smart with the officer
that's a given!

Old 09-27-2009, 10:35 PM

Wow, that is taking it to an extreme.. a glove test? That blows my mind!!! Glad I don't/didn't ever live in Quebec!!

Old 09-27-2009, 10:41 PM
Starting Member
RebelJimmy96 is on a distinguished road

same here in arkansas

Quick Reply: guttin cat on 2001 4.3