Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

looking for a better tone (40 series)

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 10:55 PM
TheGuardian08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default looking for a better tone (40 series)

I was looking at the flowmaster 40 series muffler. What are the specifics i need (single in/single out, etc) and dimensions. whos used this before? does it sound good?

Old 11-26-2006, 11:06 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default RE: looking for a better tone (40 series)

dude.... 2.25 offset inlet.... 2.25 center outlet..... give me a few minutes and i'll get u a sound clip.....as far as sound goes.... IMO NO muffler sounds "good" on this motor......

Old 11-26-2006, 11:10 PM

ok thanks man, im sorry I know nothing about my exhaust system

Old 11-26-2006, 11:15 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

no need to apologize..lol i have a bad habit of calling everyone dude..... guess I need to stop that before law school....lol

Old 11-26-2006, 11:16 PM

rent-a-cops usually respond to dude...

What field are you going into after Law school?

Old 11-26-2006, 11:19 PM

this isnt the best quality clip.... it was taken with a kodak easy share camera.... it was about an hour after I got it put on, it sounds a little different now that the muffler is broken in.... a bit louder now.... http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1381771653

Old 11-26-2006, 11:24 PM

that sounds pretty good

Old 11-26-2006, 11:49 PM

whats the difference between the original and Delta flow... They are the same price. Also it says that it its recommended for offroad/race use, does it really matter that I'm just using it for street driving.

The delta series says it also helps increase fuel economy (YAY!)

Old 11-27-2006, 08:13 AM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont like flowcrappers, had em on high hp cars and glasspacks have performeed better, with the delta flow you will get a whistle for a while till you "break" it in. the 40 series id only use on a muscle car or at the track, they are loud.

The best ive heard for full systems are dynomax and magnaflows, but if you dont want a muffler put a turn down on the intermediate pipe instead, it actually is the best sound you will get out of the 4.3 and its quieter then those junk flowmasters.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:26 PM

well I dont want something thats too loud, i want something that sounds good, and helps with my MPGs a little

Quick Reply: looking for a better tone (40 series)