Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

looking fo more horse power

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

like kyle said these engines are not cut out for huge amounts of power. if you're looking for big power gains you're gonna have to get a v8. exhaust and some programmers(doesn't add a bunch though). you'll notice a difference if you do go with the pcm tune

Old 02-09-2010, 06:12 PM
kevin turner is on a distinguished road

thanks for the info i was almost read to buy on, i just read up on the alot they say there suppost to be more accurat that he stock ones as in the fuel/air ratio, but i drether spend it on a pcm tune thats more power for sure.

can i send the pcm off for the cam, their is no that dose it locally.

Last edited by swartlkk; 02-09-2010 at 06:42 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT function to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

yeah but your truck will have to be parked for awhile.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:25 PM

can they send me one, then send mine to them?

Old 02-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

PCMforLess will do an exchange or just send you a replacement, but they will charge you a core charge.

As far as a cam goes, you know that is inside your engine right? Just checking.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:33 PM

yea of course ive mess with alot of carb engines but this is my frist go around with a fi..lol

im just saying that, will they be able to tune for the bigger came with out bening on dyno

cam..lol may bad

so should i put the stuff back, the screen and defecltor.

Last edited by swartlkk; 02-09-2010 at 06:41 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT function to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you are happy with the way it performs and you cannot see any problems when you read your plugs, returning those items back to stock configuration is up to you.

And most places can tune for a larger cam. They would have to know the specs. The more information they have, the better the tune will be. Nothing will beat a custom dyno tune though.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:44 PM

I know if I could find someone thats kinda close thats what i would do

here is the link for that mafs, why would they say its better when its not? Maybe im to old school http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GRN-350116-C/

Last edited by swartlkk; 02-09-2010 at 06:56 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT function to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Administrator

I have never heard of anyone having any problems with the Granatelli MAF sensors, but it just isn't something you need to spend money on IMHO. At least not yet.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:03 PM

ill try it and post on it i got my taxes back and have money to blow atm.. im also going to get a cam, headers and maybe the accel wires coil and spark plugs. As far as a cam what do you think i should get for this engine as in lift and durtion

I also found this and its way i done the mod on the tb http://marine-performance-parts.com/...lv6vortec.aspx

Last edited by swartlkk; 02-09-2010 at 07:20 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT function to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply.

Quick Reply: looking fo more horse power