Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://blazerforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-10/)
-   -   Loudest/cheapest setup for an 00 Blazer? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-10/loudest-cheapest-setup-00-blazer-44528/)

live4liftin 05-15-2010 10:17 AM

What is the loudest/ cheapest setup to make my exhaust head turning. One muffler Two mufflers? (what kind) High flow cat and straight pipes? No Cat? (I prefer not too, dont want a my car sounding like a rust wagon) I have been wondering this for a while now, Hope you can help me Thanks.

Also what about Glass packs???

rriddle3 05-15-2010 10:34 AM

Any ideas concerning the sound of an exhaust system are purely subjective, it's a matter of personal opinion. Browse through the threads in this section and you'll get plenty of ideas and information.

live4liftin 05-15-2010 10:43 AM

Believe me Ive done it all numerous times. I need Budget setup ideas??

bandidolenny 05-15-2010 10:44 AM

The Cheapest (and pretty darned annoyingly loud) thing to do would be to simply run a new exhaust pipe from your existing cat out the rear with no muffler.
If you wanna keep it "legal" then run a hollowed out / straight through muffler.

rriddle3 05-15-2010 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by bandidolenny (Post 329969)
The Cheapest (and pretty darned annoyingly loud) thing to do would be to simply run a new exhaust pipe from your existing cat out the rear with no muffler.
If you wanna keep it legal then run a hollowed out / straight through muffler.

Neither method might be legal depending on the locality and if they have noise ordinances.

blazinloud 05-15-2010 12:39 PM

cut the cat out if its 'legal' there and get a flowmaster and a nice stainless tip of your choice and voila

rriddle3 05-15-2010 03:02 PM

Federal law makes that illegal anywhere in the U.S.

Benedict1337 05-15-2010 03:30 PM

cheapest way to cut off your muffler I wouldn't reccomend it its annoying after a while. cherry bombs are like $30 and then like $75 to get it welded on

ImScrewed92 05-15-2010 08:47 PM

Two words, Exhaust Cutout...

weld it in right after the cat, it will be loud. Or weld it in right after the muffler if you want a little more "muscle" tone and not a gravley tractor tone. lol

Glasspacks are the cheapest route for a muffler style exhaust. I have the Cherry Bomb extreme, it's a single chamber muffler like the Flowmaster 10 series. Pretty loud, I'd love to weld in a cutout right past the muffler...

88Vic 05-16-2010 05:36 PM

I think you mean before the muffler, after it wouldn't make much difference since the exhaust still goes through the muffler.

Cheapest thing that would still sond decent would be 2.5" pipe (replacing the 2.25" tailpipe) and running a glasspack at least 24" long and exit all the way out the back. Personally, I want to try a single in dual out chambered muffler like a Flowmaster 40 (not Flowmaster itself since it costs too much) and then 2.5" tails out the back with turndowns under the bumper. I think that'd sound awesome for a V6.