Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Loudest/cheapest setup for an 00 Blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 10:17 AM
live4liftin is on a distinguished road

What is the loudest/ cheapest setup to make my exhaust head turning. One muffler Two mufflers? (what kind) High flow cat and straight pipes? No Cat? (I prefer not too, dont want a my car sounding like a rust wagon) I have been wondering this for a while now, Hope you can help me Thanks.

Also what about Glass packs???

Last edited by rriddle3; 05-15-2010 at 10:32 AM. Reason: COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 05-15-2010, 10:34 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Any ideas concerning the sound of an exhaust system are purely subjective, it's a matter of personal opinion. Browse through the threads in this section and you'll get plenty of ideas and information.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:43 AM
live4liftin is on a distinguished road

Believe me Ive done it all numerous times. I need Budget setup ideas??

Old 05-15-2010, 10:44 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

The Cheapest (and pretty darned annoyingly loud) thing to do would be to simply run a new exhaust pipe from your existing cat out the rear with no muffler.
If you wanna keep it "legal" then run a hollowed out / straight through muffler.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:47 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandidolenny
The Cheapest (and pretty darned annoyingly loud) thing to do would be to simply run a new exhaust pipe from your existing cat out the rear with no muffler.
If you wanna keep it legal then run a hollowed out / straight through muffler.
Neither method might be legal depending on the locality and if they have noise ordinances.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:39 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

cut the cat out if its 'legal' there and get a flowmaster and a nice stainless tip of your choice and voila

Old 05-15-2010, 03:02 PM
BF Guru

Federal law makes that illegal anywhere in the U.S.

Old 05-15-2010, 03:30 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

cheapest way to cut off your muffler I wouldn't reccomend it its annoying after a while. cherry bombs are like $30 and then like $75 to get it welded on

Last edited by Benedict1337; 05-15-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:47 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Two words, Exhaust Cutout...

weld it in right after the cat, it will be loud. Or weld it in right after the muffler if you want a little more "muscle" tone and not a gravley tractor tone. lol

Glasspacks are the cheapest route for a muffler style exhaust. I have the Cherry Bomb extreme, it's a single chamber muffler like the Flowmaster 10 series. Pretty loud, I'd love to weld in a cutout right past the muffler...

Old 05-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Starting Member
88Vic is on a distinguished road

I think you mean before the muffler, after it wouldn't make much difference since the exhaust still goes through the muffler.

Cheapest thing that would still sond decent would be 2.5" pipe (replacing the 2.25" tailpipe) and running a glasspack at least 24" long and exit all the way out the back. Personally, I want to try a single in dual out chambered muffler like a Flowmaster 40 (not Flowmaster itself since it costs too much) and then 2.5" tails out the back with turndowns under the bumper. I think that'd sound awesome for a V6.

Quick Reply: Loudest/cheapest setup for an 00 Blazer?