Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 05:00 PM
95kansasblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Magnaflow

Does anyone know where I can buy a magnaflow muffler online? Also, is there one certain one that will work for a 95 4dr lt, or can I pretty much get whatever I want? And lastly, what size and kind of pipe do you guys think I should run? I'm unsure of what to go with. Thanks

EDIT: I found this Dynomax Turbo system online. Is it any good?
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...129+4294923429+

Old 07-16-2007, 07:18 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Magnaflow

The only reply I can give is for the Dynomax...I called tech support at Summit and they rated this system at +5HP gain. Don't know what your goal is for upgrading exhaust, but if HP is one of them, you might be better off spending the extra money for something that will give you more ponies.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:11 PM

I'm wanting something with more horse, but also with a louder sound. I want something aggressive and loud, but that I can get good flow from. I'm trying not to spend to much, but I'll take any ideas. I've been going back and forth over doing the exhaust and now I just want to get the stuff ordered and get it done.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:02 AM
FFJustin99Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

I have that same kit on my truck and love it. It breathes very well, and you get a nice deep, mellow tone. It's a good kit for the money.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:40 AM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RL1SRTZFsU

The 18" Magnaflow is what's on that blazer (Mine)

Old 07-17-2007, 08:55 AM

ORIGINAL: FFJustin99Chevy

I have that same kit on my truck and love it. It breathes very well, and you get a nice deep, mellow tone. It's a good kit for the money.
Have you compared it to a flowmaster or magnaflow muffler? I'm trying to get something good for the money, but if it comes down to it I'll pay the extra and get whatever is best. Also, how much did you pay for the kit? And how was the installation of it?

Old 07-17-2007, 09:20 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEJ7Tj3-7Uc

thats my truck. its an 18 inch magnaflow with a magnaflow high flow cat

Old 07-17-2007, 11:02 AM
FFJustin99Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I paid like $169 for the kit at a local Performance Parts store that was listed on the Dynomax website. Installation wasn't too bad. My biggest problem was getting the factory bolts out of the flangebetween the catalytic converter and the muffler. Lots of penetrating oil and a good work-out! I ended up snapping two of the bolts and cut off the last one with a Sawzall. After that, everything bolts up very nicely.

I have pictures of it in my Photo Gallery if you would like to take a look.

https://blazerforum.com/albumphoto.a...=1&apage=1

Old 07-17-2007, 07:23 PM

Does anyone have video or sound of the dynomax system? Also I know the kit says it is side exit, where exactlty does it come out. I couldnt see very well in your pictures.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:25 AM
jimmyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

mine came out in the stock location. its a bit deeper the stock one and it will get a bit louder after it breaks in i think.

jimmyboy

Quick Reply: Magnaflow