Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Muffler Dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 02:18 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future
Question Muffler Dimensions

Well if I have to I'll go crawl under the truck with a measuring tape, but I was hoping to keep the road salt off my person lol.

What are the stock muffler dimensions?

Reason being, I'm looking at Edlebrock SDT mufflers and I'd like to go with a "close to stock" sizing. I can't remember off hand, but the ins/outs are 2.5in. right?

Thanks for the help guys. I've searched the forum a bit and couldn't find anything definitive.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

23"Lx10"Wx 5.5"H (Casing on stock muffler)

2.5" in/out will do ya for the muffler. Lemme know what you pay and where you get it from. I'll be ordering mine on Friday.

Old 02-20-2010, 03:48 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I'll be getting mine from Summit Racing later on in the year... it's a good time to buy now though because the dollar's close to being even. so I dunno lol.

***Link***

I'm wondering if I should go with the offset inlet though? It's been a while since I've been under my truck so I don't remember if the stock inlet is centre or not... I'm going with single in dual out, and don't know anyone with a mandrel bender, so would that kinked up **** from muffler shops be alright to use? I wanna hang the stock exhaust in the rafters of the garage just so I have the option of going stock again... like if I decide to sell to a grandma or something lmao.

Either Part Numbers (offset)#55762 or (centered)#55768.

Last edited by oktain; 02-20-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:43 PM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

if i'm not mistaken they have an offset outlet and center inlet

Old 02-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Yeah, center inlet and offset outlet. So the second part # is the one you want. Its gonna sound good bro!

Old 02-21-2010, 02:20 PM
BF Veteran

Now the big thing for me is that (offset)#55762 is actually on sale for 65 bucks... which comes out to 67 bucks CAD at the current exchange... plus the ~10 bucks shipping (I think that's what I read) that's not bad for a good quality aftermarket muffler IMO... I don't know about you, but the fact that I'm personally building this exhaust at my father's friends garage means I can make that offset muffler work... correct? I just don't want it hanging lower than the frame rail or hitting up against the driveshaft... For one if I go do some wheeling I don't wanna crush the muffler and I don't want it visible either... I only want the tips and the sound to suggest I have an aftermarket system onboard.

*edit*... turns out 9.95 is just the handling charges... I'm gonna call Summit's Toll Free number tomorrow to ask about shipping.

Last edited by oktain; 02-21-2010 at 02:33 PM.