Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Muffler Exchange

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 01:11 AM
redneck_mechanic_187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Muffler Exchange

I want my baby to be heard down the road. I want that nice tone and I want it loud. I know alot of people will say Series 40. I am seriously thinking about getting it. But I am on a pretty strict budget so I can't afford a full exhaust system. I also want performance too. Right now I am going to keep the stock pipes to the muffler. Any ideas on what I should do and how much?

Old 10-21-2006, 02:23 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default RE: Muffler Exchange

To be honest with you, a single inlet single outlet flowmaster 40 series sounds like poo. . . . . My buddy replaced his stock with a 40 series and it is crap. If you run duals, it sounds pretty good, but the single inlet. . . don't waste the money..... If you wanna be heard with a replacement muffler, you will probably have to go with a glasspack style muffler. I have heard this on a sonoma 4.3.... guy just replaced stock muffler with a glasspack.... it sounds better than the 40 series and can definitely be heard from a distance.

Old 10-21-2006, 11:56 AM

One thing I want is a nice deep aggressive tone. I was wondering about the Flowmaster Super 40 (it has performance and sound) being a one in dual out set up.

Old 10-21-2006, 01:28 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

I have heard that setup on a 96 ZR2 s10..... single inlet/dual outlet.... It sounds pretty good.... he had a 40 series delta flow...... when it is idling, you really can't tell any difference, but when he gets into it, WOW! it's nice.... that probably what i'm doing... either that or a 50 series....

Old 10-21-2006, 01:49 PM

Is there any way anyone can get a sound clip of a 40 series so I can't hear what it might sound like?

Old 10-21-2006, 02:25 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

i wouldnt suggest getting the glasspack......not too reliable....

Old 10-21-2006, 03:24 PM

Well I just bought the Flowmaster Super 40 for my truck and I love the way it sounds. Not too loud or too quiet. Only cost me $80 and I love it so far. All I did was replace the muffler because of the way my truck is set up, I couldn't get new pipe which is okay for now. Later on I will do something about that.

Old 10-21-2006, 07:24 PM
tommyd is an unknown quantity at this point

Resonator. It's really loud. Definatly be heard down the road.

Old 10-21-2006, 09:52 PM

I am glad to hear that you are happy with the 40 series.... they have a nice tone to them, regardless of the motor you put it on. . .

Old 10-22-2006, 01:15 AM

Thanks for all of y'alls help on this. I am very pleased with my new muffler. Sounds really good. This muffler has a really great sound to it.

Quick Reply: Muffler Exchange