Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

my y pipe problems with my suspension..

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006 | 07:56 PM
lucky03602 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default my y pipe problems with my suspension..

hello all, new guy here.

first off ill tell u my ride, its a 86 s10 blazer with a 2.8 automatic. i bought it about a month ago for a winter vehicle. the mods ive seen so far are as follows..

3" suspension lift, dont know what brand, edelbrock 3to1 headers, had 3" piping with flowmaster series 40 muffler, k+n filter, bosch fog lights professionally installed, billet grille.

the exhaust was rotted so i had to rip that down, muffler is junk so i replaced it with cheap crap to get it on the road for this year.

the problem i have now is my y pipe is also rotted in some spots and i cant find a ypipe to match the edelbrock headers (different from stock y pipe) and it looks like the ypipe on the drivers side got cut and replaced with one that bends down below the front diff driveshaft. from what it looks like the lift obviously lifted the engine, tranny, exhaust, etc but left the diff in the stock place therefore making a typical ypipe blocked by the driveshaft now.

just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or if theres any easy way to get around this besides making another ypipe and spending a bunch of money.

Old 09-07-2006 | 08:55 AM
Starting Member
lunatic_magnet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: my y pipe problems with my suspension..

with a modded vehicle these are problems youre going to run into. [:'(]

my guess is you are probably going to have to get some kind of custom y-pipe fabricated. as long as the flanges are still in decent shape it hopefully shouldnt be too difficult for an exhaust shop to put something together for you using some of your existing pieces.