Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

New exhaust opinions

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 03:11 PM
LoLoS10Blazer87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New exhaust opinions

I stopped yesterday morning to get some coffee to try and wake my *** up before a 13 hour shift in the ER. When I left the store, I heard this godawful noise. I turned the CD player off and realized it was my muffler dragging the ground. I said "**** it" and kept on driving. Eventually the muffler flew off and rolled into a field, lmao. I looked underneath when I got off work yesterday and all the piping is still there, there's just a muffler sized gap between the exhaust pipe and the tailpipe, lol. I ended up dragging the tailpipe home last night and bent it all to hell, so I need a muffler and tailpipe. I was gonna go back with factory, but I wanted to see if any of you had put exhausts on your 4.3's and if it sounded good. I don't want it to sound like ***, I'd just like a lil bit of a rumble.

Anyway, too much typing just to ask for opinions on a new exhaust, lol.

Old 12-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: New exhaust opinions

nope, im not giving my opinion till you post a pic of your new truck. we've been waiting long enough damnit!![:@]

Old 01-17-2006, 03:03 AM
ivannj is an unknown quantity at this point

I just put a gibson cat back from summitracing.com. Bolted it on myself and wow awesome sound and performance. Looks sweet too.

Old 01-17-2006, 02:40 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

my 97 Blazer has factory pipping but a cherry bomb on it and I think it sounds damn good.
zero he has posted pics.

Old 01-20-2006, 03:24 AM
LoLoS10Blazer87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah Zero I did post pics, HOMIE!

I was looking online today and found Gibson headers and a Gibson exhaust system for my truck. They're both about $450, so before I spend the money, I wanted to collect some opinions on Gibson. I've heard a few things and they've all been positive, I just know I can trust y'alls word.

BTW Zero, don't get used to those pics. I've got many many plans that shall soon be executed. Right now I'm thinking black paintjob with shaved door handles, gas door, molding, and tailgate handle...black 24's or 26's...black tweed headliner and dash, black leather buckets from a newer Z71, black carpet, and black tweed door panels...black housing tailights (not that cheap carbon fiber lookin ****)...and a 3/3 drop (the rear's already dropped 2", so 3/3 will keep it level and still give me rim room). That's all I got for now, I'll prolly leave it alone until my tax money comes back, then I'll bag it [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 01-20-2006, 05:11 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

sounds like a good plan lolo. Gibson is some great exhaust I have heard it on a Camaro and a S10 and they both sounded great.

Old 01-20-2006, 10:21 PM
Canadian88 is an unknown quantity at this point

My buddy used to have gibson on his ranger, sounded great, but i'm pretty sure it rusted to ****.

Old 01-21-2006, 03:42 AM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

I know what livin' in the Rust Belt is about!!!

Old 01-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Canadian88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, it really sucks. In the spring, i'm stripping down my frame rails and painting them black with this paint called rustoleum. It's originally for barbeques, buy my dad and I have used it on vehicles before, and it just looks great. I can't wait to do it.
Look at the frame rails. I can't wait to get those babies looking slick in black.

Old 01-21-2006, 03:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'd actually recommend POR15 for your frame. They make it in a variety of colors, including flat black, chassis black, and gloss black. The good part about POR15 is that it is a multi step process to get rid of all of the rust first, then seal the metal, then finally to make it look pretty. The stuff really works and works VERY well. We have used it on many different occasions on the farm.

Living in NY doesn't help when it comes to rust. I actually have a tiny bit in the engine compartment of my Bonneville that is going to get a little bit of sand blasting and some POR15 to seal it back up before it travels too far.

Quick Reply: New exhaust opinions